Hello from Nashville

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from Nashville

Postby TheBallew » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:25 am

Hi everybody.

My fiancé and I are going to be taking delivery of a new, but basic, teardrop trailer in a couple weeks. Should look about like this:

The tear is being built by Rustic Trail in NC. It doesn't have a galley, which I know is abhorrent to many, but we've weighed the pros and cons and have decided the extra space inside is better for us. Basically, we're upgrading from tent camping so we can stop sleeping on a crappy air mattress in miserable heat and humidity.

I love living in the south, but trying to sleep while the sweat dribbles down every nook and cranny of your skin into the creases of a squeaking, plastic mattress makes me angry.

Anyway, we have a lot to learn and some lessons are gonna come the hard way, but we're looking forward to some adventures.

TheBallew
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hello from Nashville

Postby pchast » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:37 pm

Welcome! :D
pchast
Platinum Donating Member

Postby TheBallew » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:25 am

Thanks! :beer:
TheBallew
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Woodbutcher » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:00 am

Welcome, and enjoy the new trailer. Galley or not you will love the ease of sleeping off the ground. No more packing up a wet tent and setting it up when you get home for it to dry. Setup at the camp ground is only as long as it takes to unhook and pull out the chairs!
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby TheBallew » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:20 pm

Woodbutcher wrote:Welcome, and enjoy the new trailer. Galley or not you will love the ease of sleeping off the ground. No more packing up a wet tent and setting it up when you get home for it to dry. Setup at the camp ground is only as long as it takes to unhook and pull out the chairs!

Oh yes. More than once I've had to unpack a wet tent and set it up again so it can dry. Not my favorite thing. We explored the possibility of a pop-up camper, but those have the same issue. Plus, after watching a couple people set those up we decided to go with something simpler.
TheBallew
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Woodbutcher » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:15 pm

You made the right choice with a teardrop. When you are traveling long distances and just stop for the night, you will realize you made the right choice. If we are just stopping for the night we back in a site and do not even unhook from the tow vehicle. Might put the tongue jack down, but that's it. In the morning we can just take off. Can't do that in a popup.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves