Hey everyone!

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hey everyone!

Postby cmoconnell » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:38 pm

Howdy!

I have been looking and daydreaming about teardrops for the past few years. I recently proposed, and my now fiancé bought off on the idea of doing a road trip in a teardrop for the honeymoon. So... with a few recent purchases, (TSC 5X8 and a full kit from Big Woody's) I'm here to introduce myself! Im located in the Denver area and my build is underway (only 5 hours of trailer prep so far.) I'll be using this site a lot in the future and plan to create a journal of the build. "Thank you" to everyone in advance, and I'm happy to be a part of this awesome community!

Thank you!

Colin O'Connell
:beer:
Thank you,
-O'Connell
cmoconnell
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hey everyone!

Postby yrock87 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:45 pm

Good to have you join. and Congratulations to you and the better half! remember the times 2 rule since you are building on a schedual, (and a budget I imagine considering how much weddings cost now adays) you will spend twice as much time and twice as much money as you think. plan on being done well before you honeymoon. I thought I would start in January and be able to make a shakedown cruise for Memorial day. then I thought 4th of july, then I figured I would HAVE to be ready by Labor day. well, I was ready by thanksgiving... and I have plenty more to do, that was just campable.

in any case, good luck and use the great recourses on this site.
The SJ Cruiser, my 5x10 Benroy build http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=64944
yrock87
Teardrop Master

Postby cmoconnell » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:54 pm

Thank you! I will keep that in mind!
Thank you,
-O'Connell
cmoconnell
Teardrop Inspector

Postby daveesl77 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:07 pm

Welcome to the group! My son still lives in Denver and I lived in Colorado for about 10 years. I miss it so much, just too rich for my blood now.

dave
Dave and Regina - Enjoying old age, a LOT!

Build Journal - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=62386
daveesl77
Donating Member

Postby cmoconnell » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:48 pm

Thank you! Denver is expensive! fortunately, I have family in the area so housing is not an issue...
Thank you,
-O'Connell
cmoconnell
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Roly Nelson » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:17 pm

Welcome aboard. Now the fun beguins. I checked the site you are planning to follow, and I suggest you consider 2 doors on your new build. Your new love, may not want to climb over another body, in order to answer he potty call in the middle of the night. I am not sure the site I visited was what you plan to build, but believe me, a door on each side, as large as possible and with the bottom high enough so when you are sitting with your legs outside, there is no objectionable door sill that obstructs the bloodflow in your legs! Keep us informed about how your build is going, take pics, post em and we will enjoy watching how you are doing. Never mind about the twice the cost, as mentioned above, plan ahead and keep to your plan. High price changes, result in high price costs. Good luck on your build, take pics and post em, we love pics. Remember, ask questions and we will do what we can to help.
:) 8) :thumbsup: Roly, the li'l ol' woody teardrop builder in So Calif.
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby cmoconnell » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:35 pm

Thanks a lot Roly! I do plan on taking your advice and doing a two door build. The site is used is here... https://bigwoodycampers.com Also, I have started my build journal with a few pics too! here it is... viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67538 I'll be sure to update it at every chance I get! Thanks again!
Thank you,
-O'Connell
cmoconnell
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves