Hello from Massachusetts.

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from Massachusetts.

Postby Ringwood » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:29 am

Hello folks.

I have been working on building a tiny trailer for a few months now when I came across this forum. I have been camping with my fishing buddies for the last 30 years, and most of the time sleeping in the back of my pickup truck. The early spring and late fall trips we take are usually pretty cold and rainy, and setting up a tent is a pain. I have recently sold my pickup truck and needed somewhere to sleep that it did not involve a tent!

I will start sharing some pictures and ideas of my build.
Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone.

Ringwood.
Ringwood
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hello from Massachusetts.

Postby drgrumpus » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:14 pm

Welcome to the best teardrop site on the 'net. Post pictures and ask questions. I did my first build, a 5X10X5 three years ago and just finished a 4X8X4 for a friend. Basic plywood construction and a sort of rounded Benroy shape. It has done 8,000 miles and lots of nice nights for me and my wife. I live in SW NH, so if you want some eye-eye consultation, I am available.

Mike French (Dr Grumpus)
Five cords of wood in, snow tires on, 5 X 8 NT frame on order. Gonna build a TD this winter.
drgrumpus
Teardrop Builder

Re: Hello from Massachusetts.

Postby Ringwood » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:57 am

Thanks for the welcome Dr.

I think I'm pretty much done working on the trailer for the season. I do not have an indoor heated area to work. I've been working outdoors in a poly tarp style garage. Getting a little bit cold for caulking, paint, and adhesive.
A little chilly for me to!

Ringwood
Ringwood
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves