Hello

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello

Postby Have2goski » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:11 pm

Have been reading in the forum for about a month now and thought I would get registered so I could contribute when I see a chance.

I am a bit of a dream builder, I tend to think about projects for a few years before I get into them. This site is full of great builds and info for a TTT project. Really appreciate everyone sharing all the great info and look forward to exploring down this path.

Anyway, just thought I'd say hello and see you in the forums. :thumbsup:
Have2goski
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hello

Postby edgeau » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:35 am

Welcome. (And HaveAGo )
edgeau
500 Club

Postby Roly Nelson » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:10 pm

Welcome aboard. Now, quit thinking a few years away and go out and buy that trailer frame. Then you are committed and can't turn back. We all have been where you are, and have been injoying our teardrops, instead of just dreaming. Good luck on your venture.
:) 8) :thumbsup: Roly the So Calif TD builder and user.
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby KennethW » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:36 pm

Roly Nelson wrote:Welcome aboard. Now, quit thinking a few years away and go out and buy that trailer frame. Then you are committed and can't turn back. We all have been where you are, and have been injoying our teardrops, instead of just dreaming. Good luck on your venture.
:) 8) :thumbsup: Roly the So Calif TD builder and user.

I think that is a fine ideal. Don't wait. Even if you build a down and dirty teardrop just to get out teardrop-ing. Teardrop camping is so fun you will not regret getting out there.
If you start right now you could have a simple teardrop ready to camp by spring. :thumbsup:
KennethW
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Have2goski » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:48 pm

My main issue is a building space for the next 6 months or so. In the absence of being able to actually use my hands building something in the shop, I have found it nice to go through many of the builds here and compile ideas I'd like to incorporate.

I have a family of 4 to accommodate and would like to tow with our Subaru Crosstrek. A foamie seems to offer a lot of benefit in keeping the weight down but perhaps complicates the build some due to my own unknowns working with foam as a building material? Would like to have a regular queen size mattress for the wife and I, and hoping to work up some kind of bunk configuration for the kids. We'll see what I can come up with and when I get to building I will be sure to post up pics.
Have2goski
Teardrop Inspector

Postby KennethW » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:43 pm

2 Children makes for a design challenge. I would forgo cabinets over your legs and bunk one child there. How for the second child. You could have the galley wall fold down for a wider bunk over your legs.
Or have the front lift-up like the galley does. The hatch would extend down to the top of tongue box with canvas walls(or wall inserts) and a floor(bed) that would fold down from the front teardrop wall. I would guess 4 " of the bed(floor) could extend over your head without making it into a big head banger.
If you when wall inserts. You could also have the bunk front wall fold down from the bunk hatch making the teardrop a hard-side when set up.
Just some thoughts Good luck with your build and get it done before your children go to collage Ha Ha
KennethW
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby QueticoBill » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:22 pm

For planning for kids - how long after build is complete can they sleep crosswise in a trailer you can tow behind your Crosstrek, max 1500 I think?

Welcome, and look forward to your progress!
QB
A tear with no name: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67624
QueticoBill
Silver Donating Member

Postby Have2goski » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:07 pm

Yes 1500 lbs. is correct. Ideally would like to build it so It can be pulled by my Crosstrek, but I also have a full size truck we could use as well. My daughter is 6 and ~50" tall now and my son is almost 3. I figure if I build it with an inside width of ~5'3" I will be able to use it with all 4 of us for a several years. This would also give me enough width for a queen size bed for me and my wife which would be nice. Into teenage years I would probably be building something bigger to tow my truck. But that is down the road a bit.
Have2goski
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves