First teardrop, first time camping

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

First teardrop, first time camping

Postby Jolene » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:11 pm

These are photos of my teardrop, acquired from Jim in Leominster MA, whose retro teardrop is a dream come true. I took it to NC last month to see Bob Dylan in Durham, and the camper was all I'd hoped it would be. Thanks Jim!

Jolene
Teardrop Inspector

Re: First teardrop, first time camping

Postby tony.latham » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:03 pm

Jolene wrote:These are photos of my teardrop, acquired from Jim in Leominster MA, whose retro teardrop is a dream come true. I took it to NC last month to see Bob Dylan in Durham, and the camper was all I'd hoped it would be. Thanks Jim!

That's illegal. Or should be. You're supposed to do a minimum of 25 nights on the ground first––in a tent that flaps like a duck's wing.

Cool looking 'drop!

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby PKCSPT » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:11 pm

That's illegal. Or should be. You're supposed to do a minimum of 25 nights on the ground first––in a tent that flaps like a duck's wing.

Cool looking 'drop!

Tony[/quote]

Either that or smarter than the rest of us and skipped to the best kind of camping.

Nice looking trailer
121172 116946 159644
PKCSPT
Silver Donating Member

Postby Jim Edgerly » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:12 am

Welcome aboard Jolene. Always glad to see newbies join the file. This is a great place for new teardrpers to acquire knowledge, and share.

Glad your first experience teardropping was everything you had hoped it would be. And I'm sure Bob was just frosting on the cake!

I obviously also think it is a great looking teardrop!
*When doing anything, if there exists no possibility of failure, then any feeling of success is diminished.
**The glass is neither half full nor half empty...it is simply twice as big as it needs to be.
***If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.
****When I die, I want to die like my grandfather, who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.
Jim Edgerly
The 300 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:37 pm

Welcome, Jolene!

You certainly got yourself a pretty little teardrop. Enjoy! :thumbsup:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Jim Edgerly » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:47 pm

I like changing the fenders from hammered aluminum to red. What does the sign say on the rear running board...can't read it?

Jim
*When doing anything, if there exists no possibility of failure, then any feeling of success is diminished.
**The glass is neither half full nor half empty...it is simply twice as big as it needs to be.
****When I die, I want to die like my grandfather, who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.
Jim Edgerly
The 300 Club

Postby Jim Edgerly » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:11 pm

S. Heisley wrote:Welcome, Jolene!

Sharon, you have always been a fan of that teardrop...did you recognized it when you saw it? When I posted my first post in my build journal of The Schnoodle Shack that I was building a teardrop you were the 5th person to post on my thread back in 1/19/11. You followed and gave me words of encouragement through the entire build, and after. Then when I announced I was selling it 5 1/2 years later you were the 4th from the last post wishing me luck in my retirement. I found a wonderful person to take ownership of The Shack, and I think she is as thrilled about ownership as I was. I hope that once the weather in New England warms up in the spring she will post more pictures of her adventures in her teardrop. And you are right...she is a pretty little teardrop.
Jim Edgerly
The 300 Club

Postby Shadow Catcher » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:05 pm

Nice to keep it in the family :thumbsup:
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:41 am

Jim Edgerly wrote:
S. Heisley wrote:Welcome, Jolene!

Sharon, you have always been a fan of that teardrop...did you recognized it when you saw it? When I posted my first post in my build journal of The Schnoodle Shack that I was building a teardrop you were the 5th person to post on my thread back in 1/19/11. You followed and gave me words of encouragement through the entire build, and after. Then when I announced I was selling it 5 1/2 years later you were the 4th from the last post wishing me luck in my retirement. I found a wonderful person to take ownership of The Shack, and I think she is as thrilled about ownership as I was. I hope that once the weather in New England warms up in the spring she will post more pictures of her adventures in her teardrop. And you are right...she is a pretty little teardrop.

Now I know for certain! Yes, she got herself a pretty little GOOD teardrop!!! Nice to hear from you, Jim. :)
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Jolene » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:13 am

Jim Edgerly wrote:I like changing the fenders from hammered aluminum to red. What does the sign say on the rear running board...can't read it?

Jim

Jim, I've just read your post. I'm glad you don't mind my having painted the fenders red.

I've added another photo showing the welcome mat (a gift from a cousin in Louisville who joined us at the Crosswinds NC campground for four days)146465
Jolene
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Jim Edgerly » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:33 pm

Don't mind at all. You paid good money to do any thing you want to that teardrop. You had to do something to personalize it right away...and I can think of a dozen things off the top of my head that would have hurt. Painting the fenders red is not one of them! Enjoy it to the fullest. It holds many special memories for me, and will for you also. I never made a trip as long as you did for your maiden voyage. ENJOY

Jim
Jim Edgerly
The 300 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves