Here to FSU...

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Here to FSU...

Postby Donkeypuncher » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:11 pm

:twisted:
Just kidding.
Pretty big in the FJ Cruiser world.
So an expedition trailer is more my style. I have a small trailer truck bed trailer with a roof top tent rack. Well the last camping trip the wife said she was done camping with two boys in a roof top tent. I love my roof top tent versatility so it is going no where. I looked at pop up tents, but I set my heart on a small enclosed trailer. Then I can add a roof rack to the enclosed trailer and have two sleeping quarters.
I have been lurking around for a while getting tips and tricks.
I finally pulled the trigger on a (smaller than most here) 4x6 enclosed trailer.
Having trouble finding other small enclosed trailers for ideas. I think Im just going to go with a raised sleeping platform/storage area and KEEP IT SIMPLE.
******NEED HELP FINDING A CHEAP SIDE DOOR******
Thanks looking forward to the help and helping others.
Donkeypuncher
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Here to FSU...

Postby MadMango » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:43 pm

Welcome!

Doors are not cheap new ($350), but if you scour Craig's List and eBay, you should be able to score one around $50-100 or so. Maybe even hit a junk yard to two, never know what you'll find. 4x6 Is a little on the small side, but you can make it work. Like you said, raised bed for underneath storage, heck, even a pull-out kitchen! The sky is the limit, hindered by your ability, time, and money. :lol:
MadMango
"Art without engineering is dreaming; Engineering without art is calculating." ~Quentin Stafford-Fraser

You can see my design planning, The Mobile Mango.
You can follow my TTT build here, The Mobile Mango
MadMango
Teardrop Master

Postby Roly Nelson » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:03 pm

Welcome to the forum. I think you missed the suggestion in the "Newbies, Introduce yourselves" at the top of the page. We would like to know a little bit about yourself, if you have a minute. Nice looking rigs though, but have no idea where or when you plan to camp.
:o :) 8) :thumbsup: Roly, the So Caif woody guy.
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby Donkeypuncher » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:31 pm

Roly Nelson wrote:Welcome to the forum. I think you missed the suggestion in the "Newbies, Introduce yourselves" at the top of the page. We would like to know a little bit about yourself, if you have a minute. Nice looking rigs though, but have no idea where or when you plan to camp.
:o :) 8) :thumbsup: Roly, the So Caif woody guy.

I like long walks in wet and dry creek beds. I love thai food.
Im a 5th generation Arizonian. My two boys are 6th. I truly enjoy camping, hunting, and playing softball at a high level.
I camp all year long. But looking for something bit warming than sleeping in a roof top tent when its 25 out. I missed out on alot of adventures with my dad. With his recent unexpected death, im not missing out with my boys.
Donkeypuncher
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves