Hello From Birdsboro, PA

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello From Birdsboro, PA

Postby mlhough » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:43 pm

Had the Teardrop bug for about 2 years. Finally decided to jump into a build and ordered a 5x8 from Northern Tool to get started. Also have a set of plans from Wyoming Woody as a starting point.

Long time woodworker who loves the outdoors.

Look forward to chatting with others who love these tiny trailers.

Cheers!

Mark :beer:
mlhough
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hello From Birdsboro, PA

Postby Ron Dickey » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:05 am

Welcome aboard.
Hope you have had time to look around and see where what is.
start you build here http://tnttt.com/viewforum.php?f=50
As you work on different parts electrical, plumbing.

In time you may find there are others from the forum who have built on already and can tell you where to get what and live in the next town or your town.
When I started, I new of know one who could help me understand what I was doing until after I had built it all but the doors that is.
Suddenly there was a gathering in the park near my house. I drove though pulling my doorless trailer. One teardropper said maybe he is looking for doors. john I later found belonged to my church.
I have sense pulled it through 3 states and pulled it to IRG several times but it is know more so I am glad I could.
at the bottom you will find gatherings in your state. Our first gathering we slept in a tent, 500 miles north. We drove the Prius. But when it came to pulling the Boxkite I used a corolla.
I am now building a newer one and could have built it in several months but other things came along and I am on my 3 yr, but cross bow should be done next year if not this one.

Looking forward to hearing about your build have fun and we like to see pictures.
Ron
Los Osos, CA
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby parnold » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:28 am

There's no turning back now Mark!

Welcome to the cult! Like Ron says, we all love to follow along with people as the build, and it's a great way to be able to ask questions and get tips as you go.

Paul
parnold
Donating Member

Postby mlhough » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:45 pm

Thanks for the greetings. Well I'm already off to a rough start. Got the run around from the trucking company and Northern Tool on the trailer I ordered. It never got delivered as promised. So back to the drawing board.

Time to find another solution for the trailer frame.
mlhough
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves