Greetings from Newport, WA

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Greetings from Newport, WA

Postby RetroRides » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:34 am

Hi all! Brand spankin' new to the forum but have been involved in the vintage trailer scene for quite some time now. Have a big-time appreciation for tear drops, but our style is primarily in vintage trailers, some tiny, some not so tiny... Started out with one trailer, now have seven. A couple are in use, with the others awaiting their turn to be brought back to life. My wife and I host an annual vintage trailer gathering in Newport, WA (northeast part of the state) and last year had the opportunity to meet a bunch of teardrop folks - great folks - they told me about this forum and it took me until now to finally join the team. Glad to be here and looking forward to "meeting" you all.
RetroRides
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Greetings from Newport, WA

Postby halfdome, Danny » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:49 pm

Welcome to the forum. :shake hands:
I have a hunch we camped next to you at Roslyn a couple years ago with our 55 Chevy and teardrop.
We are banned from Roslyn because our teardrop isn't OLD which sucks. :thumbdown:
You had a Chevy pick up & blue vintage trailer.
If my memory is correct is it Doug & Teresa ?
We had planned on coming to your event last year but something came up, hope to make it this year.
Don't know if you're aware of Teardroppers Of Oregon & Washington (see link in my signature).
Here's a link to some events for 2017.
Happy to see you made it here.
Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Re: Greetings from Newport, WA

Postby Vedette » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:58 am

Hi Doug
Welcome to the Forum and thanks for the PM and the great phone chat this morning!
Also, Thanks again for welcoming our PNW Tear Jerkers members to participate in your event as part of the kick off to the 2016 Fall Crawl.
We look forward to supporting your event again in 2017. :thumbsup:
And we look forward to camping with you sometime in the very near future.
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves