Hello from MN

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from MN

Postby dakippen » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:14 pm

Another newbie looking to build a teardrop. I already have a full size travel trailer hubby and I use, but I also enjoy camping by myself and thought this might be a better alternative than a tent. And like many, tons of questions. Such as, once I pick out the trailer (no clue on this of course), how is the first sheet of plywood attached? Would it be more beneficial to buy a starter like similar what Big Woody has or just buy a set of plans and go from there?

I'll continue to dive into all the different boards and educate myself along the, but I still have to push the go button on starting.
Last edited by dakippen on Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Build journal: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67862

Doing at almost 60 what I should have done at 20....
User avatar
dakippen
Teardrop Advisor
 
Posts: 74
Images: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:15 pm
Location: Blaine, MN

Re: Hello from MN

Postby Fdram01 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:47 pm

I'm a newbie here myself. I think I have a general design for mine but that could always change.
Fdram01
Teardrop Inspector
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:02 pm

Re: Hello from MN

Postby dmdc411 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:02 pm

Go to the design library and study the plans. There's alot of details, but, also leave alot to be desired! Basically alot to.figure out. Don't be afraid to ask questions. There's also "alot" of info to fill the gaps in the forum, and builder journals. Biggest thing, there is no right or wrong way to do anything. Good luck!
dmdc411
Teardrop Master
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:39 am
Location: Nfld, Minn
Top

Re: Hello from MN

Postby AZ_Desert_Rat » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:56 pm

Hi dakippen... Welcome to the Forum... :applause:

The Boss and I live a little ways north of Elk River, so you and your hubby are neighbors, so to speak... :thumbsup:
There is a ton of info in this Forum to help guys build a nice TD... :thumbsup:
Do a search down the Board Index page and check out the threads on building:
Essential Information about building teardrops
Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques
Trailer and Chassis Secrets
Electrical Secrets
And on and on... There is a lot of good reading here... Try looking at the design resources and the different TD's in the Hall of Fame and the Galleries... These can help get you started on the basic idea, shape, what you may like to have, insulation, height, length, etc.

Also, I recommend, if you have not already done so, check out the TearJerkers Forum... You will find most TD folks belong to both and the TearJerkers Forum is mostly about Gatherings, trips, and TD folks getting together; where as the Teardrops n Tiny Travel Trailer folks tend to discuss fixing, remodeling, converting, and building... :)

The TearJerkers St. Croix Chapter covers Minnesota and Wisconsin, and would welcome you to join, go to a Gathering, gladly show you their rigs, and answer any questions you have... Camp with hubby in what have and look at what others have... You will find that members have TD's and many other types of small trailers... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Again, Welcome to the Forum and good luck with your build... :applause:
Happy Camping & Building,
John (JC)


Image

Image
The Arizona Desert Rat 6x10' Cargo Conversion

Image
The FunFinder a 19' Toy Hauler

An AZ Desert Transplant
Gallery: gallery/album.php?album_id=3168
User avatar
AZ_Desert_Rat
500 Club
 
Posts: 547
Images: 55
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 12:17 pm
Location: Zimmerman, Minnesota
Top

Re: Hello from MN

Postby AZ_Desert_Rat » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:01 pm

Fdram01 wrote:I'm a newbie here myself. I think I have a general design for mine but that could always change.


Hi Fdram01... Welcome to the Forum and take a read at my last post to dakippen; There is a ton of info on this Forum... I'm not positive where you are, but I suggest you also take a look at TearJerkers, sign in and see if anyone is having a gathering near you... Good luck and Happy Trailing... :thumbsup:
Happy Camping & Building,
John (JC)


Image

Image
The Arizona Desert Rat 6x10' Cargo Conversion

Image
The FunFinder a 19' Toy Hauler

An AZ Desert Transplant
Gallery: gallery/album.php?album_id=3168
User avatar
AZ_Desert_Rat
500 Club
 
Posts: 547
Images: 55
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 12:17 pm
Location: Zimmerman, Minnesota
Top

Re: Hello from MN

Postby dakippen » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:16 pm

AZ_Desert_Rat wrote:Hi dakippen... Welcome to the Forum... :applause:

The Boss and I live a little ways north of Elk River, so you and your hubby are neighbors, so to speak... :thumbsup:
There is a ton of info in this Forum to help guys build a nice TD... :thumbsup:
Do a search down the Board Index page and check out the threads on building:
Essential Information about building teardrops
Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques
Trailer and Chassis Secrets
Electrical Secrets
And on and on... There is a lot of good reading here... Try looking at the design resources and the different TD's in the Hall of Fame and the Galleries... These can help get you started on the basic idea, shape, what you may like to have, insulation, height, length, etc.

Also, I recommend, if you have not already done so, check out the TearJerkers Forum... You will find most TD folks belong to both and the TearJerkers Forum is mostly about Gatherings, trips, and TD folks getting together; where as the Teardrops n Tiny Travel Trailer folks tend to discuss fixing, remodeling, converting, and building... :)

The TearJerkers St. Croix Chapter covers Minnesota and Wisconsin, and would welcome you to join, go to a Gathering, gladly show you their rigs, and answer any questions you have... Camp with hubby in what have and look at what others have... You will find that members have TD's and many other types of small trailers... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Again, Welcome to the Forum and good luck with your build... :applause:


Yup, we are practically neighbors...I have been doing a ton of research, learning along the way. And it's been a challenge so far every step of the way! But Max will look great when done...
Build journal: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67862

Doing at almost 60 what I should have done at 20....
User avatar
dakippen
Teardrop Advisor
 
Posts: 74
Images: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:15 pm
Location: Blaine, MN
Top

Re: Hello from MN

Postby AZ_Desert_Rat » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:04 am

Keep up the good work; the snow is melting and the temps are starting to warm... I'm starting to get the trailer ready for a new season!!! :vroom:

Post a few pics for us, we always like to keep up with a new build and remember... if you have questions, just ask... :thumbsup: :pictures:

Hope to see you around a warm fire-pit this season... :D :D
Happy Camping & Building,
John (JC)


Image

Image
The Arizona Desert Rat 6x10' Cargo Conversion

Image
The FunFinder a 19' Toy Hauler

An AZ Desert Transplant
Gallery: gallery/album.php?album_id=3168
User avatar
AZ_Desert_Rat
500 Club
 
Posts: 547
Images: 55
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 12:17 pm
Location: Zimmerman, Minnesota
Top

Re: Hello from MN

Postby dakippen » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:44 am

AZ_Desert_Rat wrote:Keep up the good work; the snow is melting and the temps are starting to warm... I'm starting to get the trailer ready for a new season!!! :vroom:

Post a few pics for us, we always like to keep up with a new build and remember... if you have questions, just ask... :thumbsup: :pictures:

Hope to see you around a warm fire-pit this season... :D :D



Updated pics will hopefully go up today - I was on vacation last week. Still on track to be done before Mother's Day wkend for my first solo trip of the season.
Build journal: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67862

Doing at almost 60 what I should have done at 20....
User avatar
dakippen
Teardrop Advisor
 
Posts: 74
Images: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:15 pm
Location: Blaine, MN
Top


Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests