Newbie in OH

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Newbie in OH

Postby Voyager1 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:31 am

Hello! I'm new to the forum and new to camping trailers. I finally realized I'm tired of sleeping on the ground in a tent. I am hoping to build a small camping trailer that is big enough to roll out a couple sleeping pads and has built-in rain protection for a camp stove, and light enough to tow with a Subaru. I do want it to have a lot of windows, though, which is something I don't see often (probably for a good reason!) and I'm not sure what to do about that yet. I also want to make sure I don't have any trouble registering it so I'll be reading the backlogs for lots of tips.
Voyager1
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Newbie in OH

Postby Ron Dickey » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:47 am

the best way I found to register it, which I did on my first trailer, was to take it in as a flat bed. Then you can build up from there. On my 2nd trailer which I am still working on it. I forgot to bring it in as a flat bed now I have to hang onto all my rec.s to prove I paid taxes on the parts and so I put them all in a box to add up later when I am done.

Each state has it's rules. the best way is to ask those on the forum in your state how they did it.

Ron
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Re: Newbie in OH

Postby Tomterrific » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:08 am

I'm from Columbus. I bought an old NT 4x8 and used it for years as a motorcycle trailer and a general utility trailer. Then I fell in love with the tiny trailer concept and built my own design. I kept the same registration. I'm going to parrot the above and suggest registering the basic trailer before the box goes on just to keep things simple. The BMV does not like to be confused.

Tt
Tomterrific
500 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves