Got the Teardrop bug!

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Got the Teardrop bug!

Postby RescuedBy4Paws » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:02 pm

Greetings everyone!
I'm fixin to get started on building my first Teardrop! I've gotten the bug and I can't shake it. I've done lots of building over the years but nothing like this. I've had my simple 4x8 trailer modified to a 4x9.5, upgraded my axle and tires and I'm ready to build. I drive from CA to GA about once a year with my dog and I'm excited about the benefits this will bring me.
Basic building dilemmas like keep it only 4 ft high or add a few more inches for more room. One door and a window or two doors. I'd like to make the entire Teardrop removable from the trailer for long term visits so that presents its own requirements. I'm wondering if it's feasible to do the aluminum in sections overlapping each other like horizontal siding? I haven't seen anyone doing anything like that, I'm sure there is a good reason why :thinking:
Anyways, any thoughts are appreciated! Looking forward to getting to know this community :)
RescuedBy4Paws
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Got the Teardrop bug!

Postby Shadow Catcher » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:32 pm

Many of those who have a four wide wish they had a five wide, I have however have never heard some with a five wide who wish they had a four wide.
Our first tear had one door and crawling over your partner in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, or that camp site which has no clearance on one side...
One suggestion some one else will make if I do not come to one of the gatherings The Tearjerkers link at the top of the page will help you find one. Try mocking up using cardboard and see how it feels . Windows as much and as large as you can fit. LOTs of storage.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Re: Got the Teardrop bug!

Postby RescuedBy4Paws » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:46 am

Shadow Catcher wrote:Many of those who have a four wide wish they had a five wide, I have however have never heard some with a five wide who wish they had a four wide.
Our first tear had one door and crawling over your partner in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, or that camp site which has no clearance on one side...
One suggestion some one else will make if I do not come to one of the gatherings The Tearjerkers link at the top of the page will help you find one. Try mocking up using cardboard and see how it feels . Windows as much and as large as you can fit. LOTs of storage.

Thanks shadow catcher!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RescuedBy4Paws
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves