BlueStar643

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

BlueStar643

Postby BlueStar643 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:06 am

Hello All I have been to this forum under another name (Hornet742) and had to register again since I could never log in again under that name. Hopefully this time I will be able to log in again :D

Last summer I discovered I no longer want to sleep in a tent, the beds are uncomfortable and every place I touched the blasted tent while it was raining it started dripping there. Wife hates to pull a trailer but for the ones we have been looking at she expects to be able to pull ok. So... got a set of plans for a 5x10 and just pricing things out before we go ahead. CYA in the forums :)
BlueStar643
Teardrop Inspector

Re: BlueStar643

Postby drgrumpus » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:25 pm

Hey, welcome. 5 X 10 is a good size for a couple. You can get a queen size bed in, plenty of interior storage, and a nice galley. I ended up with 5 ft high also since I was using 5X5 ply. It looks a little lumpy, but I love the added headroom. good luck with your build.
Five cords of wood in, snow tires on, 5 X 8 NT frame on order. Gonna build a TD this winter.
drgrumpus
Teardrop Builder

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves