NW Oregon

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

NW Oregon

Postby Ceiii2000 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:42 pm

Hello,

Names Jim. I live along the Columbia river in northwestern Oregon. I am a technician with minimal skills at woodworking. I fix broken things, my forte is not designing stuff from the ground up. However I am flexible and think based on the reading I have done so far that I can learn enough to do what I want with my trailer.

I started looking for small 'toy hauler' type trailers and stumbled upon TNTTT. My ultimate goal is to enclose my harbor freight trailer and use it as a toy hauler for my 2013 Suzuki DL650 aka Vstrom. The bike weighs about 500lbs and the trailer is around 250. I would like to keep my setup, bike included, under 1500lbs. I would LIKE it to end up being 6 x 10 and the minimum height for the bike is 55 inches.

I am thinking some kind of hybrid 'foamie' will work best for what I want to do. I want to make a ramp door on the back, have a queen sized bed, and a place to store/hang my motorcycle gear. Anything else would depend on where I end up with the weight. AC and heat would be nice, lights, etc.

I have already learned a few things from you guys. I will be reinforcing welds on the trailer, I downloaded and did some preliminary work on Google Sketchup, I have been reading posts in the Foamie area trying to figure out the best way for me to accomplish my goals.

Please feel free to give suggestions, critique ideas, and link me to things that may help. I take constructive criticism well.
Ceiii2000
Teardrop Inspector

Re: NW Oregon

Postby pruittaw » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:46 pm

Welcome fellow Oregonian. Sounds like you have some good ideas and the skills to make it work. I'm building a 5x10 teardrop and hope to have it ready for a trip to the Oregon coast in mid March. Let me know if you need any help finding supplies. I'm happy to share the knowledge.

Cheers!
Tony

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tony (pronounced 'toe knee')
pruittaw
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Ron Dickey » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:48 am

what are you pulling with.
Might look up top under search
Motorcycle carrier.

Welcome aboard.

Ron
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Ceiii2000 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:18 pm

My current tow vehicle is a 2003 VW Jetta TDi wagon.
Ceiii2000
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Ron Dickey » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:15 am

You will be just fine for most small trailers like ours. 8) I have pulled for the past 10 years with a 2001 Corolla.

and if you want to see what others have pulled with see.
http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4204

Ron :thumbsup:
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves