Hello, again

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello, again

Postby CarrieS » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:28 pm

I joined this forum a long time ago because I had planned on building a teardrop. Well, I had a chance to borrow one for a night and realized that I need a little more space. A friend of mine had this on his mother's property for almost 20 years. Once he realized that I was serious about buying it, he made me a great deal. It needs some repair work on the ceiling around the vent, new tires and a lot of cleaning. I was amazed that it was in such good shape. looking forward to making many memories in this. It is a 1983 citation. 147084
CarrieS
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hello, again

Postby pchast » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:59 pm

Welcome back... :D
pchast
Platinum Donating Member

Re: Hello, again

Postby Roly Nelson » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:10 pm

Hello again, hello again. Good for you, finding out that a teardrop was not your cup of tea, just in time. Wow, it looks like you have found a real gem in that little standy. As your clean up continues and you plan to take care of the problems in the ceiling around the roof vent, keep in mind that what started the problem is probably faulty caulking and sealing of the roof vent itself. I had the same problem on the roof of my vintage Kenskill. In solving the problem, I unscrewed all of the attachment screws on the roof, removed the entire frame and roof vent, allowing the inspection of the roof members and ceiling material. I had to replace some minor cross-member supports, then after cleaning off all of the years-old caulking on the roof, I re-installed the roof vent, with quality caulking and new screws all around. So, good luck in your efforts to make this beauty a quality vintage gem. If you have any questions and need any other advice from other forum members, just pop in and ask, ask, ask. As you know, we are here to help.
:) 8) :thumbsup: Roly Nelson, the li'l ol' 1/2 Nelson woody teardrop designer, builder and user.
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves