Hello from Sterling, Co

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from Sterling, Co

Postby Joe.H » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:50 pm

Hello everyone

About 4-5 years ago I had a tear drop camper. I owned it for about a year then decided to upgrade. I ended up getting a trailmanor mini 19RD... Nice little fold down hard shell camper ..did great on MPG and easy to tow. Problem was lack of room for 3 ....So decided to get my current TT a 178 R-pod... Like it very much...have no real issues but I find myself wanted a bigger TV. I can tow with w V-6 but really like a V-8.. So I have to asked myself if I want to invest in a V-8 vehicle. I fnd myself pricing vehicles that are somewhat out of my price range and see myself spending alot of money in the future fuel, insurance, maintenance on the TT and TV...So I will retire in 5 years and have to start making decisions. I leaning on getting a stand up TD.. version... I think if I go this route I can save some money and meet the same goals of having a TT.
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hello from Sterling, Co

Postby MatthewWorks » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:02 am

Hi Joe!
Welcome to a pretty great forum.
Figuring out the size you need seems to determine everything, eh? I'm about to start converting a cargo trailer to a combo camper/cargo trailer. (not nearly as much fun as building a teardrop, but time as well as space is dictating what I do...) I like the idea of standing up , but also like the idea of a camper being simple enough and/or small enough that I never hesitate to take it with me.

Also - I grew up mostly in Sterling, actually.

Anyhow, welcome, and cheers!

lost, but enjoying it so far.

total days in camper 92 (since Apr 2017)
camper has paid for itself with hotel/rental savings: 209%
Donating Member

Re: Hello from Sterling, Co

Postby mary and bob » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:09 am

We started with a pop-up, recently passed it on to our son, then restored a vintage teardrop, later added a Uhaul 13' fiberglass camper to the collection, and then a 17' Casita fiberglass camper. Towed the teardrop and Uhaul with a 4 cylinder Honda CRV, but had to upgrade to a V8 full size pickup for the Casita. The teardrop is fun, but for stand up room the Uhaul and Casita work just great.
mary and bob
500 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves