Hello from Mt. Prospect IL.

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from Mt. Prospect IL.

Postby menemo » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:35 pm

Having been a serious lurker on this board for many years I now come out from the shadows. I know that our individual paths to here are unique, I am sure that we also share a lot of similarities. My wife (Ann) and I are in our 60's. As we approached this period in our lives we knew that we wanted to travel. We also knew that we needed to be realistic with costs as well as finding travel means that fit who we are. We enjoy the outdoors, sports (biking, skiing, water activities), family, music, life and people. We looked at a lot of RV's over a lot of years. I slowly gravitated from Class A>Class C>Class B to small travel trailers. This is when I first started hanging out on this board as well as the Little Guys board. The seed was really taking root now. During a family ski outing in Wausau WI. before we left town we stopped in to visit TC Teardrop. We loved the product and Todd and Carol were great people to deal with. That was the winter of 2013. We took delivery of our 5*9 on June 21. It fit us well. The information and experiences provided by the members of this board were instrumental in helping us succeed as owners/fellow campers. Thanks to everyone for this experience. We love our trailer, but have come to the realization that we are changing. I keep thinking that the music these days isn't as danceable or that the beer is so potent that I can only down a few before seeing the inside of my eyelids. We have decided that we need to upgrade from the teardrop. We are in process of purchasing an Escape Trailer. Much like TC, a small family owned business. And much like tnttt/tearjerkers/little guys some good active forums to support enthusiasts. It is still a small travel trailer.

Again, I thank everyone for stepping out of the shadows and helping us lurker types gain information and experience. Safe travels and hope to see you out on the road soon.

Bob Nemes
menemo
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hello from Mt. Prospect IL.

Postby Woodbutcher » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:23 pm

Welcome Bob. If you want to attend a gathering of teardrops and tiny travel trailers, check out the Land of Lincoln Chapter of Tear Jerkers. There is a link to the midwest section on this board also.

See ya around the fire!

Steve
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby mary and bob » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:18 pm

Escape trailers are one of the best fiberglass campers available, good choice. We are a couple steps down with a Casita, and a couple more steps down with a Uhaul, but our teardrop is top of the ladder for fun.
mary and bob
500 Club

Postby KTM_Guy » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:19 pm

Any chance you know a Chuck and Wanda from River Forest?
KTM_Guy
500 Club

Postby menemo » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:31 pm

Thanks Steve. I often check into the midwest gathering section. Almost made an event last spring at kohler state park but had to cancel. I will continue checking.

Hello Mary & Bob. Yep, we are believers in the virtues of molded fiberglass trailer. Many great choices and a very strong and loyal following. We went to several fiberglass gatherings while trying to narrow our search. We are very excited planning the trek to BC to pick up the trailer and then the LONG & SLOW trip back.

KTM_Guy, I don't know Chuck and Wanda.
menemo
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves