Greetings from Maryland

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Greetings from Maryland

Postby Drmsparks » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:46 pm

Hi

I'm Dave, a 5th grade teacher from maryland. My wife sarah and I want to build a teardrop next year so we are going to start learning, planning and acquiring until the summer of 2018.

Glad to be aboard! I'm ready to start the learning.

Dave
Drmsparks
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Greetings from Maryland

Postby Roly Nelson » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:24 pm

Welcome aboard, Dave. You have come to the right place, now all you have to do is check out all of the info that is available here on the forum. Check out the Hall of Fame, review the various posts and decide on the shape, size, weight and such regarding your build. Do ask questions and as a teacher, you already know that there are no foolish questions. :-) My suggestion, which has always worked for me, is to build a scale model, one inch to one foot, out of cereal box cardboard. I feel that this step, which is so simple, may really show you what you like and what you might want to change. It's easier to make changes with a knife on cardboard, than it is to try to do it on a full size build when it is too late. Good luck, take pics, post em and come on out to So Calif for your maiden run.
8) :) :thumbsup: Roly, the li'l ol' woody TD builder (and user) PS, be sure to plan on 2 doors. (very inportant for enjoyment, later)
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Re: Greetings from Maryland

Postby absolutsnwbrdr » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:11 pm

Welcome! If you'd like to get a chance to see some teardrops in action, the Chesapeake Bay TearJerkers are a pretty active chapter and have quite a few gatherings each year. I'm a director for the Liberty Bell Chapter and am hosting a gathering at Codorus State Park in Hanover PA on May 18-21. You're welcome to come up and visit!

http://tearjerkers.net/new_forum/Calendar.html
Zach
Coming Soon...
Image Image
absolutsnwbrdr
Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves