Newbie Converting 7x16 Cargo Trailer

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Newbie Converting 7x16 Cargo Trailer

Postby jr9744 » Mon May 08, 2017 4:17 pm

Hi everyone,

I've been contemplating full time rving for quite a while, and have been doing research on the best way to do this for my scenario. Seeing the prices of travel trailers in my budget was kinda unmotivating. In the end, I have decided that I will be happier if I build it myself in an enclosed travel trailer and put exactly what I want in it. It will be more cost effective and uniquely mines. So here I am.

I just pulled the plug and placed an order for my enclosed cargo trailer which I will convert. These are the specs:

[*]7x16 V-Nose
[*]16' Box space + V-Nose, 2-3500 lbs all wheel
[*]Electric Brake Leaf Spring E-z lube drop axles
[*]32'' side door w/ bar lock
[*]7/16'' OSB Plywood Walls, 3/4'' Plywood floors
[*]7' interior height
[*]Rear spring assisted ramp door w camlocks
[*]16' stone guard w/ atp nose cap
[*]24'' on center floor & wall crossmembers
[*]1 Dome light w wall switch
[*]Galvalume roof w Luan Center Strip
[*]Smooth aliminum fenders. 2 5/16'' coupler
[*]7 way plug w/battery backup and safety switch
[*]15'' BIAS Ply tires and modular wheels
[*]24'' polished sides rear and back
[*]Roof vent instead of side vents

I did not get any windows because I did not want to spend anymore of my budget on the trailer. I'll take the plunge and do the windows myself.

It will be about 3 weeks until my trailer is ready for pick up. So i'll be reading the forums, designing my systems, and being super excited about starting this build. I tend to agree with most on here that what you get for your money with building versus buying an old or used travel trailer for the same price is just worth it. Of course there are some area's that I'll have to learn quickly on, but I feel more confident after reading through these forums and seeing all the great advice on them.

I look forward to sharing my build and asking lots of questions as I design my trailer and then within 3 weeks start to build it.

Juan R.
7x7x16 V Nose Travel Trailer, First Build...In Progress
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=68569
jr9744
Teardrop Master

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves