Greetings from Arizona

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Greetings from Arizona

Postby Shoebone » Fri May 12, 2017 2:01 pm

hello all,
My name is Stuart and I have been thinking of building a teardrop for some time now, so, having discovered this wonderful site and doing a lot of reading, I am beginning to formulate a plan. Looks like I will be building a light weight, traditional shaped tear using an aluminum 4 x 8 Northern Tools trailer. My tow vehicle has played an important part in any decisions regarding this build, I drive an old car with a small engine (1960 Morris Minor), so I need light weight and less frontal area. And then I found the Foamie .... and believe this is the direction I should take, perfect for my needs, light, easy to work with and .... insulation ... and living in Arizona, that is a big plus. I also need to incorporate a small A/C unit and my goal is to keep the weight to less than 500 pounds ... would be more than happy with a weight of 499.9 pounds, not too much of a challenge then. I am currently up to page 71 on the big thrifty thread in the foamie section .. only 400 pages to go. I will probably start a build thread as and when. Nice to meet you all, Stuart
Shoebone
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Greetings from Arizona

Postby pchast » Fri May 12, 2017 7:43 pm

Welcome! :D
pchast
Platinum Donating Member

Re: Greetings from Arizona

Postby Bill n Robi » Fri May 12, 2017 7:55 pm

Wish I could find some old pictures to scan. '74 MGB with the 215CI Buick V8, trailer hitch to tow my pop up tent trailer....

Welcome BTW
2015 T@G Max
2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4 Door Short Bed
Bill n Robi
The 300 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves