Fat Old Man from Colo

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Fat Old Man from Colo

Postby cadstuff » Sun May 14, 2017 6:11 pm

Figured it was about time to introduce myself, been lurking, reading, plannning for quite a while. Fell in love with the teardrop concept when I first saw it. Have done the most of the different camping routines since I was a kid, tents, shelters, up thru a 19' travel trailer with my folks. Tried getting back into camping several years ago. Something happened, I got old! The ground is too far down, it's too hard and I just don't move like I used to!

Enter the teardrop concept. Comfortable bed, warm and/or cool, self-contained kitchen area, and, with addition of a deepcell battery, power! With a little ingenuity, affordable, plus I can build it myself, a foamy?

Unfortunately, life gets in the way and it didn't look like I was going be able to build one of my own. I have a very long background in CAD (from AutoCAD to ProEngineering) so I figured that to make-do for the time being, I'd build some Teardrops in CAD...

Life does keep getting in the way. I wrote the above about a year ago. Family, health, moves, a lot of the good and bad in life kept delaying my attempts to complete this and and at least introduce myself. But at least I did manage to discover Sketchup! Over some time, mostly as a stress reliever, I taught myself sketchup and fell in love. Much easier to create in 3D than AutoCAD and one heck of a lot cheaper to run than ProEngineer.

Again, to exercise my tired brain, and relieve some stress I began to create some models of what I might like (and maybe someday build) in a teardrop or tiny trailer. I always read like crazy, so a lot of my ideas started in these pages. Thank you all for the input (I've even managed to read through all of some of the 'big' threads).

I'll close now, once I finally get to writing I tend to get too wordy and just keep rambling. Look for me in the Sketchup Design section soon. And maybe someday soon, in my own build log.
Steve G.
Colorado Springs
cadstuff
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Fat Old Man from Colo

Postby pchast » Sun May 14, 2017 9:13 pm

Welcome Steve :D
pchast
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Shadow Catcher » Sun May 14, 2017 9:21 pm

If the join date is indicative, yes you have been here for a while. Welcome and I will be interested in seeing what you come up with. I have been tempted myself to go for sculpting a foamy.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby cadstuff » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:20 pm

Just in case anyone missed it, I've started posting my designs in the Sketchup design forum. I've got a few more left, and hopefully, a build journal to start one day, so enjoy.
Steve G.
Colorado Springs
cadstuff
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves