Just got a teardrop

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Just got a teardrop

Postby Pinstriper » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:06 pm

curious relic wrote:You are correct. The maker's name is Don Guy in Watauga, TX. He has a website, ez-toad.com. I don't know if he is still building them or not. Yours is # 10 and mine is # 13. I have the same rudimentary electrical system as you, and the same gray I/O carpet, too. You can click on the photo of your trailer and you'll be directed to a series of photos of yours as it was built. You can kinda get an idea of the type and amount of insulation, framing, etc.

I like your ideas on the electrical system. Good on you for changing to LEDs. I have a 7-way, so I might think of setting up a deep cell with tow battery charging. I only upgraded to a 7-way when I decided to put trailer brakes on mine. Not because the trailer is so heavy to pull or manage, but because my car's manual said I needed trailer brakes for any load over 600 lbs. Sounds kinda silly to me, but I didn't want to take the risk of not installing brakes in case there is ever an accident or incident.

I think you would enjoy the bigger wheels, too. I had to put on a 3500 lb axle to have brake flanges, so I went ahead and put 15 inch wheels and tires on. I haven't had it out on a trip yet, but just around town it seems to handle a lot nicer.

Yes, as a matter of fact. I have the original, never filed TX title application and bill of sale from the original buyers. Dat's da guy !

I pulled her through the coast range in OR and couldn't tell she was there behind my F-150.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Last edited by Pinstriper on Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let's eat, Grandma !
Let's eat Grandma !
Commas. They save lives.
Pinstriper
Teardrop Master

Re: Just got a teardrop

Postby Pinstriper » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:07 pm

Boodro wrote:Technically not a Teardrop. It would be a tiny travel trailer. A Teardrop has 2 doors , a galley in the rear, and unable to stand in. Hope you enjoy,,, its a reat way to camp!

I will trust you on the taxonomy, but for the record, I can't stand up inside.

Let's eat, Grandma !
Let's eat Grandma !
Commas. They save lives.
Pinstriper
Teardrop Master

Postby Pinstriper » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:10 pm

Shadow Catcher wrote:79656 An idea of how to gain a fan. These are two 80 mm three speed Antec computer case fans.

Meh, I'll probably just Amazon a fantastic in the right dimensions.

I admire the ingenuity and all, mind you. But I'd rather be out recreating, than messing unnecessarily with the RV.

Let's eat, Grandma !
Let's eat Grandma !
Commas. They save lives.
Pinstriper
Teardrop Master

Postby curious relic » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:35 am

Completely off-topic, but I love seeing your photo of the young Mick. What a player.
curious relic
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Pinstriper » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:37 pm

curious relic wrote:Completely off-topic, but I love seeing your photo of the young Mick. What a player.

And that after the early career knee injury. Could have been even more...

Let's eat, Grandma !
Let's eat Grandma !
Commas. They save lives.
Pinstriper
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves