Hello from Central Texas

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from Central Texas

Postby bigmobrown » Thu May 18, 2017 9:28 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm a newbie from central Texas. I ran across this wonderful forum in my search for ideas on building my own lightweight travel trailer using a cargo trailer. My wife and I were looking at RV trailers under 3500 lbs (limit on tow vehicle) such as the R-Pod and the new Winnie Drop, but I was turned off by the high prices and small entry doors...why do they all have such small doors??

I've modified a couple of camper vans in the past and just recently finished building my own home...a steel framed metal building with a traditional wood framed and drywall interior. So I figured I'd try my hand at building my own RV just the way I want it...and with a normal sized door. :lol:

I plan to convert a 7x14 single axle cargo trailer into a lightweight insulated camper with a queen sized bed, windows, toilet, lights, refrig, etc., while keeping everything as light as possible. Should be fun, right! The best part of this plan is that I live about 30 miles from the Lark trailer manufacturing plant located in McGregor, Texas http://www.trailershowroom.com. I can get them to configure it to my specifications and then pick it up right from the factory!

Well, that's the plan and so far, this forum is a wealth of information and great ideas for my future build. Thanks!!
bigmobrown
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hello from Central Texas

Postby bc toys » Fri May 19, 2017 8:29 am

Welcome to this great site hope you enjoy it
bc toys
2000 Club
2000 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves