Hello from Pennsylvania!

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from Pennsylvania!

Postby YJlover63 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:33 am

My name is Joe. Thanks for the add Mike.

I am an avid Jeeper, and interested in learning about tear drops and other tiny travel trailers that I can build to tow with my Jeep. I have a good technical background as well as being proficient in welding and fabricating.

A friend told me about this site and something called a "foamy". So I am here to learn all that I can about building and designing a light weight trailer (have to stay under 2000lbs gvwr to be able to legally tow it with my YJ wrangler.

Hopefully I can get some good designs and ideas to build an "off-road" light weight trailer.
YJlover63
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hello from Pennsylvania!

Postby Redneck Packrat » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:57 am

Hello Joe, and welcome! I'm sure you've found the foam section by now. 2k is definitely do-able.... mine has a metric buttload of 2x4 and 2x6 in the floor and I know I'm still gonna be at or below 1500#. Soon as I get the skin on it, to hold it together :shock: I'm gonna run it up to the gin and cross their scales with it, just out of curiosity. (Of course, cotton's getting ready, so it might have to wait til they're through with their frenzy :thinking: )
Bill
Texas Gulf coast, near Corpus

Working on this, started 5/2017: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=68614

Some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield :?
Redneck Packrat
Teardrop Master

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves