Hello! This is Simpy from Ontario, Canada

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello! This is Simpy from Ontario, Canada

Postby Simpy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:08 am

I got myself a 1979 Vanguard Model T-13 last December and knew it needed some work (rotting wood at the back end from a leaky window). It's super-cute (it's 7'x9') and I love a challenge. When I started taking off the siding this spring, I realized that it was way worse than I thought as the carpenter ants had been at work too. I'm not too crazy about the layout anyway, so it's gonna be a total rebuild. My mechanic says the frame is good but I need new tires.
Coincidentally, my parents 2003 25' Fleetwood Mallard had a leaky roof this past winter and with all the snow and rain we had, half of it is pretty much toast from water damage.
So, I'm going to salvage the good parts out of both trailers and make a fabulous new one. I've made some sketches and a must-have list, now I just need to make the time to get it done. I wish I had a big garage to do it in so that weather isn't an issue, but that is not to be.
I'll be spending lots of time reading all these posts for ideas...I'm handy, but don't have a ton of experience with all the systems in a trailer. So I'm very happy to have found this forum!
:D
Simpy
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hello! This is Simpy from Ontario, Canada

Postby futurecamper » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:12 pm

Hello from a fellow newbie. :)
How goes your progress?
futurecamper
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves