Mike from Ontario

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Mike from Ontario

Postby NorthEGPhoto » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:08 am

Hi folks,

I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to join. I bought an old a-frame trailer that used to be a popup from a farmer a couple years ago. it was completely stripped except for wheels and suspension, rusted quite well. Surge brakes were full of water and various insects..

That's my base, I've torn it down, done the bearings, removed the brakes and lines. brushed away whatever rust I could, liberally bathed it in rust converter, sanded it again, painted it and put a 3/4" deck of pressure treated ply on it. It lives as a utility trailer right now, but, next month, it will hopefully become something more. My design lives mostly in my head, so I'll be learning as I go.

I purchased most of the electrical stuff, and 100W of solar for it. I want it to be a place to sleep, and work when I'm out photoing the nature of this wonderful province and/or country.

Primary goal right now is to simply get a roof over my head, and power for charging my laptop/camera and other bits. I'll be working on the luxuries from there.
"In the morning, the light is golden, in the midday 'tis time to nap, and in the evening the light returns. Into the night the stars shine brightly, now if only the moon would stay out of sight." - Some photographer
NorthEGPhoto
Teardrop Master

Re: Mike from Ontario

Postby QueticoBill » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:33 am

Welcome!

Ontario is a big place. East or west? You can tell by my screen name i like west. (You might appreciate i thought about Quetikimibou....)
QB
A tear with no name: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67624
QueticoBill
Silver Donating Member

Re: Mike from Ontario

Postby NorthEGPhoto » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:54 am

East unfortunately,

As a 20 something idiot I decided my future was best found in Toronto. Now that i'm in my late 30's I'm realizing that was a trap. Thankfully my parents live up near Algonquin so I can escape there on long weekends.

And yes, though one of my most favorite spots has to be Lake Superior Prov. Park, in the off season mind.
"In the morning, the light is golden, in the midday 'tis time to nap, and in the evening the light returns. Into the night the stars shine brightly, now if only the moon would stay out of sight." - Some photographer
NorthEGPhoto
Teardrop Master

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves