J from the 53rd parallel

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

J from the 53rd parallel

Postby orrwho » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:36 am

Hey all, good to finally be part of the conversation. I've been lurking about for a little while.

My name is J and I'm from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I started my build about 2 weeks ago. This is the first time I've attempted something like this, but have a background that has attempted it all. Sculpting, Painting, blacksmithing, welding, woodworking, building maintenance. Making in general. I love to build. I also love to camp. So building a teardrop turned out to be the obvious choice!

I bought a trailer that had previously been turned from a tent trailer to a utility trailer and now I'm turning it back into a camper. It's a but larger, 6'x8' but not too huge, as I'd like to be able to tow it with my little Subaru.

I think the one part of the build that I'm most hesitant about is the electrical/solar. MAN there is a tonne of info out there, which is good but also super confusing.

Anyways, I'm documenting my build on Instagram @dropmogrifier if anyone wants to check it out. And I'll definitely be hanging out on the tnttt forums.

Cheers!
orrwho
Teardrop Inspector

Re: J from the 53rd parallel

Postby Vedette » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:19 pm

Welcome to the Forum from a fellow Canadian.
I have been posting here for 5 years, thru our build and camping use. As you can see by my number of posts, I try to stay active on this Forum that provided me with all the information I needed to enter the Teardrop building world.
The electrical section has great, straight forward diagrams and lots of suggestions asa to what and where to buy your components.
I mainly used eBay.
Buy a good converter! Over wire! You will be glad you did later!
And buy as large of Solar panel as you think you can comfortably haul with you. They come ready to plug in.....so you don't have to be a technical wizard.
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Re: J from the 53rd parallel

Postby orrwho » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:44 pm

Vedette wrote:Welcome to the Forum from a fellow Canadian.
I have been posting here for 5 years, thru our build and camping use. As you can see by my number of posts, I try to stay active on this Forum that provided me with all the information I needed to enter the Teardrop building world.
The electrical section has great, straight forward diagrams and lots of suggestions asa to what and where to buy your components.
I mainly used eBay.
Buy a good converter! Over wire! You will be glad you did later!
And buy as large of Solar panel as you think you can comfortably haul with you. They come ready to plug in.....so you don't have to be a technical wizard.
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi

Thanks for the pep talk and pointing me in a direction!
orrwho
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves