Making a Teardrop Trailer in HS Wood Shop

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Making a Teardrop Trailer in HS Wood Shop

Postby kdiddydog » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:10 pm

As the subject says I am in the process of making a teardrop trailer in the scope of one school year. Hoping all goes well and looking forward to actually starting the build. I will be following the Wyoming Woody Plans from teardropbuilder.com. Any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated!
kdiddydog
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Making a Teardrop Trailer in HS Wood Shop

Postby mcubberley » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:30 pm

kdiddydog wrote:As the subject says I am in the process of making a teardrop trailer in the scope of one school year. Hoping all goes well and looking forward to actually starting the build. I will be following the Wyoming Woody Plans from teardropbuilder.com. Any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated!
Good luck it was a great experience. We managed it in a bit over a semester. It was very nice to have shop space with a garage entry so we could keep it indoors during the whole build. You can see some of it at themodernshopteacher.com

The kids were very proud of it and treating it as a build for sale made them think about people and what a customer would want rather then what would be cool or neat. It's a great way to highlight the skills and experience s to be gained in a shop. Project based learning at it's best.

Nice to see a shop teacher going beyond lamps and step stools.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Some day I will figure out something to put here. But for now....
mcubberley
Teardrop Master

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves