New Member from Canada

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

New Member from Canada

Postby jdiebert » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:35 pm

Hi All,

New to the forum (as you can tell from the topic). I live in Kelowna, BC up here in Canada. I've recently become interested in getting into a tiny travel trailer since my most recent camping trip.

"It rained two days straight and everything was soaked. Also rained while we were packing up the tarps and tent meaning I had to pack it away wet and hope to dry it out once I was home. Of course it rained for two days after I got home and I had a wet stinky tent once the sun came out. I don't want to have to do that any more."

Tiny trailer? Great solution! I have only just started this process and I'm still working out my design. My father has been a woodworker his entire life so he's a good guy to bounce ideas off and I have access to his shop and tools once I pull the trigger.

Anyway thanks for reading

Cheers :beer:
jdiebert
Teardrop Inspector

Re: New Member from Canada

Postby Vedette » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:18 am

Welcome to the Forum. :applause:
You have no idea how wonderful the world of Teardrop Trailer comping is! :thinking:
I am the Director of both the B.C. and PNW Chapters of the Tear Jerkers.
My wife Sandi and I have been Teardrop Camping for 5 seasons now and just love it.
We have towed our trailer "Miss Piggy" over 60,000 miles and slept in her 257 nights.
Currently working on our second teardrop build "Kermit".
PM me with your name and phone number if you would like to talk Teardrops........we are in Westbank.
I might be able to save you a tone of money, time, and aggravation??? :thinking:
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi :beer: :wine:
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby Roly Nelson » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:13 pm

I also want to welcome you to the best teardrop info on the net. Do listen to Brian, your fellow countryman, as he is the master teardrop fellow in Canada. You must make an effort to visit his farm and private campground. He has a wealth of information and is more than helpful to new enthusiasts to our wonderful camping style. Of course you will be building a weatherproof trailer, preferably covered with aluminum, fiberglass or some such covering. Wood is good, but only if you can park it out of the elements all of the time, except when in use. Check out the Hall of Fame and get a bunch of ideas regarding size, shape and looks. Good luck, keep posting and take pics, we love pics.
8) :) :thumbsup: Roly, the li'l ol' woody teardrop guy in So Calif (USA)
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby Vedette » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:51 pm

Thanks for the kind intro Roly and HELLO....how are you my friend? :thinking:
Love
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby kokomoto » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:37 pm

Welcome aboard!

Less than a year ago I was sketching plans myself. Recently finished building our TD. You are in the right place. :thumbsup:
kokomoto
Teardrop Master

Postby jdiebert » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:49 pm

Vedette wrote:Welcome to the Forum. :applause:
You have no idea how wonderful the world of Teardrop Trailer comping is! :thinking:
I am the Director of both the B.C. and PNW Chapters of the Tear Jerkers.
My wife Sandi and I have been Teardrop Camping for 5 seasons now and just love it.
We have towed our trailer "Miss Piggy" over 60,000 miles and slept in her 257 nights.
Currently working on our second teardrop build "Kermit".
PM me with your name and phone number if you would like to talk Teardrops........we are in Westbank.
I might be able to save you a tone of money, time, and aggravation??? :thinking:
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi :wine:
Thank you for the kind words it's nice to meet someone from the Okanagan

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
jdiebert
Teardrop Inspector

Postby tony.latham » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:47 am

"It rained two days straight and everything was soaked. Also rained while we were packing up the tarps and tent meaning I had to pack it away wet and hope to dry it out once I was home. Of course it rained for two days after I got home and I had a wet stinky tent once the sun came out. I don't want to have to do that any more."

Exactly. :thumbsup:

Welcome aboard.

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves