Hello from Cadillac Michigan

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from Cadillac Michigan

Postby immped64 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:21 pm

Last week I purchased a 5 wide Little Guy Silver Shadow and even though it is late in the camping season I am very anxious to get outfitted and ready to hit the Northern Michigan campgrounds.

My camping partner will be my Golden Retriever named Sunny. Sunny is getting up there a little in age but he still enjoys the simple pleasures such as chasing squirrels, and he does appreciate the extra handouts that camping entails.

I am looking at a couple challenges right now.

The most pressing challenge is setting up a system for easily dropping a canoe on my camper from what used to be my boat shelter. My Dad suggested a simple bungy setup, but I'm contemplating a pulley drop system.

The 2nd challenge could wait until next year. I would like to build a slide out tray for my galley for a cooler that I haven't purchased yet. I was looking at a 48 quart Coleman Inland Marine model but on 2nd measurement the depth appears to be 13 inches at max, because of the slope of the teardrop shell. I do believe I'll want to take this question to the general forum.

Anyways I hope to be able to share and learn from this forum and am looking forward to this new way of camping.
immped64
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Hello from Cadillac Michigan

Postby Padilen » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:32 am

Hello from LeRoy MI.
Did you get it in time to use during our heat spell?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Padilen
Donating Member

Postby immped64 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:18 am

Good to hear from you Padilen from Leroy.

In essence I did do some camping. I have been wanting to camp at a place that I walk almost every day, so I camped in a clearing in the woods.

It was certainly hot last Saturday evening until the early morning hours.

I am finding that Sunny likes to lay down perpendicular to the screen window. I got kicked a few times from him trying to get more room in that direction.

The stars certainly were awesome being away from the lights.

So, do you have any favorite campground(s) up north?
immped64
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Padilen » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:11 am

Sad to say I can't afford to travel. I did a CT conversion to a CTC toy hauler. But other than taking it to work and down to my mom's as a cargo hauler I've not camped this year. And only once last year.
But if your able to boon dock we have a lot of State and National sites.
I'm running up to meet some people to kayak / canoe the Manistee in a few hours. No camper but still playing in our state.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Padilen
Donating Member

Postby Sidekick » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:04 am

I am going to be back in Michigan in April and have plans to do a lot of summer camping- I am currently in the Philippines teaching.
" Chances are- if you don't know where you are going, you will never get there"
Sidekick
Teardrop Master

Postby tony.latham » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:33 pm

The most pressing challenge is setting up a system for easily dropping a canoe on my camper

Could you transport the canoe on your tow vehicle? Hauling a canoe on your teardrop creates a couple of issues: You probably won't be able to access your galley with the boat loaded and secondly, unless you camp right where you plan on paddling from, you'll have to take your teardrop to the put in.

I know this wasn't a question... but welcome to the forum. Glad you've got a teardrop and I can sense your enthusiasm!

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves