Taking the plunge in Northern Idaho

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Taking the plunge in Northern Idaho

Postby Photophobic » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:09 am

After my last road trip I've decided now is the time to dive in on building my teardrop. I get migraines from florescent lights staying at most hotels these days has become a painful experience so taking my own refuge with me will help me still visit family and friends, the fact I drive in between will just give me an extra excuse to explore. I've been looking at travel trailers for a couple years as my condition has gotten worse and never found a simple enough design for me. A friend turned me on to teardrops to save on gas compared to the huge sail that even an r-pod presents. I'm a first time builder and tons to learn but it looks like i found a pretty good resource here. I think the biggest trick right now is to get it done before I run out of money :D

I plan on fully documenting my build and will start a thread for it but for right now I need to go pay for my custom trailer so they start building. It's basicly the same trailer as the Big-Tex 5x10 utility trailer, but without a top rail, rear ramp-gate or wood decking. Not saving much but I don't have to deal with tearing it apart before I can start my build. maybe overkill by many peoples standards but it's going to get a lot of highway and fire/logging road miles behind my Tacoma.
Paul

Photophobic photographer looking for adventure.
Build thread: Here
Photophobic
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Taking the plunge in Northern Idaho

Postby pchast » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:32 pm

Welcome.... :D

I found money less of a problem by buying needed items
in stages when I had another bit of income.
pchast
Platinum Donating Member

Re: Taking the plunge in Northern Idaho

Postby Vedette » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:21 am

Welcome to the Forum. :thumbsup:
All of the information you will require along the way is contained somewhere here on the Forum.
Just read and ask questions!
Check out the "Electrical Section" and make sure you plan to "over wire" your project......you won't regret it down the road. :thinking:
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
PS
A sturdy custom built chassis was your first "great choice" so glad you avoided the HF route. ;)
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves