Native Iowan

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Native Iowan

Postby Fiddlin'Billy » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:43 pm

Hi! My name is Billy, I'm from central Iowa and my wife wants a teardrop camper. I'm getting ready to fulfill that wish because that's my job. We love to camp and have refined our tent camping to - "want to go camping after work today?" "Yep" - gear is already packed and sorted. All we have to do is throw some clothes in a small backpack and put the gear in the car and we're gone. After spending a week plus in West Virginia this year, we decided a teardrop could eliminate some of the packing and wet weather drag associated with a tent.
We have a basenji dog, a cat, some chickens and recently the neighbor cat seems to think our front porch is it's second home :D . I play fiddle for barn dances and my wife and I are part of a rockin' ukulele group called Britches and Hose Ukulele Club. It's sort of like a motorcycle club 8) fairly exclusive but barely serious.
We have less than 300 days until our next trip to WV, so that's my timeline. Been lurking awhile and have just downloaded Sketchup so maybe I'll try to recreate the pencil/graph paper mock up. I have a nice boat trailer and a retired welder to modify it some. Will get the build started as soon as the modifications are done - probably a month from now.

I'm heading out to be the saw operator for my wife's latest project.
Stay safe out there and play nice,
Billy
Fiddlin'Billy
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Native Iowan

Postby Woodbutcher » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:23 pm

Welcome Billy. I'm a Flatlander but I'm sure some corn cobs from Iowa will chime in. I camp with several people from Iowa and we have a great time. Hope you will join us sometime.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Fiddlin'Billy » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:22 pm

Woodbutcher - how about those Cyclones! :applause: :applause:

If I recall, you have a cardinal and gold hitch cover.
Fiddlin'Billy
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Woodbutcher » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:04 pm

Billy, I'm more of a Northwestern or Northern Illinois fan, but I spend half of every week in Galena, So I get the Iowa news. They love their football.

No Cardinal or gold hitch cover. I have a woody teardrop and I'm just finishing a new build called the Standrop. It's in the build section.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Fiddlin'Billy » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:31 pm

Oh, shoot, I mistook you for someone else on here. So many members. :o

I'm for all teams playing against the Hawkeyes :thumbsup: :applause:
Fiddlin'Billy
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves