A Big Howdy from Warm, Sunny, South Carolina!

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

A Big Howdy from Warm, Sunny, South Carolina!

Postby Ricomon » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:12 pm

Hmmm... Introduce myself. ...where to start... When I was a wee lad, we had a tiny Shasta Compact from the early '60s. Five of us would travel the country in that little beauty. Now that I'm a retired automotive engineer, I would love a tiny travel trailer to pull behind my four cylinder Ford Transit Connect minivan. The Shasta is just too big and heavy for my testes, so I'm planning to build my own miniature Shasta foamy on a Harbor Freight trailer. ...if they ever start selling them again. (I'm quite familiar with the foam construction, having owned a couple of Quincy-Lynn TriMuter three wheelers.) My 28 year old son also wants to build an off-road camper, so we'll help each other with our trailers. Well, he'll do all the heavy work on my construction, and I'll supervise his. ;)

I've been reading the HUGE foamy thread, and I've picked up some good information. I'm hoping to make some new friends on the forum. Hopefully I can also add some useful information to that monster thread.

Rick
Ricomon
Teardrop Inspector

Re: A Big Howdy from Warm, Sunny, South Carolina!

Postby aquamous » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:57 am

i am in Anderson SC area. I pull my 2008 T@B TQ with my Ford Transit Connect with no problems so far. I have traveled I-85 south to Montgomery AL then US 80 to Jackson MS, then I-20 to Texas (Livingston State Park and Cagle Recreation area, then I-10 to Gulf Islands National Seashore in Ocean Springs MS and back to Montgomery and on to Anderson. Travel in 60 to 65 mph range for the most part. T&B is 1615 lbs.
aquamous
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves