Hello from Northern IL

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from Northern IL

Postby daytimer » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:57 pm

Work, Jeep, HAM, camp. That pretty much covers it! I've been sandbagging for ideas. At -5* F, it really isn't a good time to build. I've gone from tent, to pop-up, to camper, back to tent. I'm looking forward to something between a tent and a pop-up. Can't decide if I want to try scratch-built, or start out with a simple Big Woody.... I have an HF folding trailer for a base, but I need to make sure I can still haul the kayak as well.
Looks like I'll be browsing for a while!

Kevin
daytimer
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hello from Northern IL

Postby QueticoBill » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:18 pm

Welcome, fro o north eastern Illinosian. Lots of material here for perusing in these icy times.
QB
A tear with no name: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67624
QueticoBill
Silver Donating Member

Postby Woodbutcher » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:10 pm

Welcome to the group. Lots of good ideas can be found here. Illinois has a very active teardrop group. Check out the 2018 schedule and come join us. You can camp in anything, you do not have to own a teardrop. Lots of builders come to look and ask questions. Plus there are several manufactured trailers as well, so you get the best of both worlds.

Steve
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby jsnbergman » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:55 am

Welcome, always great to have another new builder from IL! Looks like we caught a break in the temp, yesterday was T shirt weather. I spent my Christmas money on a ceiling heater for my garage, figured better than spending the money on propane tanks. There is a Jeep blitz in Bushnell over the Memorial day weekend, the son and I are hopefully shaking down the Teardrop that weekend.
jsnbergman
Teardrop Advisor

Postby daytimer » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:05 pm

jsnbergman wrote:Welcome, always great to have another new builder from IL! Looks like we caught a break in the temp, yesterday was T shirt weather. I spent my Christmas money on a ceiling heater for my garage, figured better than spending the money on propane tanks. There is a Jeep blitz in Bushnell over the Memorial day weekend, the son and I are hopefully shaking down the Teardrop that weekend.

Hello fellow Jeeper! I might have to check that out! I like to go out to Shabbona Lake State Park just South of DeKalb. But now, I will have to figure out how to carry the kayak on the trailer!
My Aunt and Uncle moved to Lacon a few years ago. Nice, out of the way area.
I just had my garage built a little over a year ago. Electric heat was one of the early additions :) Even with the heat, I still have to wait a couple months until I will be able to build out there. I got the Big Woody plans as a basis, but I'm looking into many construction options. Can't wait to get it built!
daytimer
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves