newbie in Washington State

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

newbie in Washington State

Postby kykate » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:33 pm

What a wonderful forum! :D
I am Kate, and I have (gently) persuaded my DH, Dennis, that we need a camper, and NEED to be doing more camping :lol:
Based on what I have read so far, I think we are going to build a "foamie". It's just the two of us most of the time, but we want to drag the grandchildren along, on some trips. I am designing and Dennis will be making it work. I am poring over Mike's posts of his builds, and considering a 10-12 foot teardrop, 6.5 feet wide, with a pullout galley, rather than making a back opening. I look forward to sharing our work, and seeing what everyone else is doing. Looking forward to Spring!
Kate
kykate
Donating Member

Re: newbie in Washington State

Postby jondbar628 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:30 pm

Welcome aboard Kate... Enjoy the ride..........I think EVERYONE north and/or east of Ariz & NM are looking forward to spring 8) .......jd
jondbar628
Teardrop Master

Postby mobile camper » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:34 am

Welcome,

There are a lot of good people here with a ton of helpful information on builds. Don't be afraid to ask for help.

Steve G
mobile camper
Teardrop Master

Postby kykate » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:52 am

jondbar628 wrote:Welcome aboard Kate... Enjoy the ride..........I think EVERYONE north and/or east of Ariz & NM are looking forward to spring 8) .......jd

I am sure you are right! I feel like we are having a mild winter (knock wood), so far. Dennis tore all the old wood off the 4x6 trailer yesterday, and is trying to decide rather to move the axle, go with the other type of wheels (hang from the frame, axle less) or just move the tongue to the other end.
Thanks for the welcome!
Kate
kykate
Donating Member

Postby kykate » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:01 pm

mobile camper wrote:Welcome,

There are a lot of good people here with a ton of helpful information on builds. Don't be afraid to ask for help.

Steve G

Steve, you are so right! I am very impressed with the helpfulness and the wealth of knowledge here!
We will be passing through your neighborhood this weekend - camping in the yurts at Cape Disappointment, with kids and grandkids. Looks like the
weather will be decent. I wish the teardrop was ready, but at least we are getting outside, and exploring WA! :D
Kate
kykate
Donating Member

Postby Vedette » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:23 pm

Welcome from the PNW Tear Jerkers.
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912