Howdy from Midvale, Utah

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Howdy from Midvale, Utah

Postby Dutch56 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:07 am

Hey y'all-Dutch here from the Wasatch Front. My Bride of nearly 40 years has FINALLY agreed that at our age, we're just too dang old to be sleeping on the hard ground. We're in love with the idea of Teardrops because of the small towing size while being able to sleep in a real bed-I'm wanting to go with a full sized mattress to keep the width down but she's still wanting her queen size bed! (I know, I know-Happy wife, happy life).
Anyhoo, one of my sons is a fantastic fabricator and said that he will build the trailer if I buy the materials and the beer :beer:

I've been looking over some of the awesome build that have been shared and I'm leaning toward foam or sip panels.

Off now to look at wiring and plumbing and waiting on spring to thaw things out!
Dutch56
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Howdy from Midvale, Utah

Postby tony.latham » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:39 am

I'm wanting to go with a full sized mattress to keep the width down but she's still wanting her queen size bed! (I know, I know-Happy wife, happy life).

Dutch:

Wise choice.

And a foot is a mile in a teardrop. (I've owned both a 4-wide and a 5-wide.) 4-Wides are fine if you like to sleep as if you're competing in an Olympic synchronized swimming contest. :?

:beer:

Tony

p.s. Google around on this forum for Steve Fredrick's, Teardrop Builder's Shop Manual. Well worth the purchase.
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby Dutch56 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:05 pm

Thanks Tony! I'll check out the Teardrop Builder's Shop Manual!
Dutch56
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Woodbutcher » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:46 pm

Welcome Dutch. Enjoy the planning/building part, it's a big part of the fun. :thumbsup:
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves