New from North Carolina

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

New from North Carolina

Postby camnlo » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:27 pm

Hello All,
I'm Cameron, from down east North Carolina.
I stumbled on to this site after looking for an affordable lightweight camper, and by affordable I mean cheap and by lightweight I mean something that can safely be pulled by a Mini Cooper. While there are some production campers that are light, it seems the cost is inverse to the weight and I don't really see any used ones that are what I call cheap. So after a lot of searches I kept seeing the tnttt url show up, so here I am.

I have a somewhat ambitious project planned, in July of this year (2018) my family and I are going on a cross country road trip, its a Mini Cooper road rally called "Mini Takes The States", and to me camping along the way would be much more memorable than hotels. Here is the ambitious part, I need two campers, to go with our two Minis, one for my wife and I and one for my two sons.

I intend to make two foamie campers using Northern tool trailers. I will be going for aerodynamic and light, so not planning on a galley in the back, just sleeping and a place to put some gear.

I will get some basic designs of what i have planned on here soon.
Any advice is appreciated
camnlo
Teardrop Inspector

Re: New from North Carolina

Postby pchast » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:13 pm

Welcome! :D
pchast
Platinum Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves