Newb in Phoenix AZ area

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Newb in Phoenix AZ area

Postby BretMaverick » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:31 pm

Hello! I am new to the message board but not new to reading it. I've gotten a ton of ideas off of you guys for our trailer build that we are currently working on, and I'm sure I'll get a ton more now that I have finally joined up! My wife and I started building a trailer a few weeks ago and I feel like we are about 1/3 of the way done now. We still have a long long way to go though so I'll be here often to check out posts and get ideas. Like I said, you guys have already helped a ton just by going through old posts to see what people have done, how people have fixed problems they had and what people did in certain situations. I don't doubt I'll be posting some questions here as well as we get further along and need ideas.

Thanks all for your help, both past and future!
BretMaverick
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Newb in Phoenix AZ area

Postby pchast » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:06 pm

Welcome! :D
pchast
Platinum Donating Member

Postby KangarooRat » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:50 pm

Good, another local brain to pick if I need it. I am still planning (I have some back yard renovations to finish before I start welding and cutting on the old trailer frame I am going to use as a base for mine). I hope to have it campable by summer, and then fix the things the first trip points out from that point forward.
KangarooRat
Teardrop Inspector

Postby BretMaverick » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:07 pm

Good luck KangarooRat! My wife and I spent quite a bit of time planning, but then decided to dive into it and just get it done. It is a lot of, "figure it out along the way" we are finding. We have read quite a few instructions online, and the guy who sold us the trailer had instructions as well since he was planning to build a camper and had to quit pretty early on (he got as far a building a trailer frame!) . I've found that there is a lot of questions I've had that none of the instructions online, or that I have, have answers to unfortunately. Some of those questions are just me as a laymen not knowing how to do things like, cut a hole in a piece of plywood. Some of those odd questions are definitely here on this message board though. I've gotten pretty lucky and have found exactly what I've needed a few times on here!
BretMaverick
Teardrop Inspector

Postby KTM_Guy » Fri May 04, 2018 10:16 pm

Hi Bret,

Do you have a build thread for your camper?

For Bedliner look into Raptor liner. That is what I am going to use, hope to spray it in the next week or two. But I am skinning my tear with aluminum.

Todd
KTM_Guy
500 Club

Postby bc toys » Sun May 06, 2018 3:19 pm

when you get done you might want to go to the best gathering in Az it is in Dec at Buckskin State Park you can get the exact date from Az round up group site can't go any more because of my work but when I can Ill be back down there for sure park fills up and they have a pot luck on Sat. Oh ya welcome to the group for sure
bc toys
2000 Club
2000 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves