Hi from Central NY!

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hi from Central NY!

Postby DeeGee » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:41 pm

Hi, I'm Dee! I've visited this forum a couple times in my online meanderings looking at tiny houses and vardos. I'd also been thinking about trying van life after separating from my husband last year. I've recently acquired a Toyota Corolla from a friend though, so it looks like it's teardrops for me! I'm specifically looking at building a foamie, it looks like the perfect balance of weight and thriftiness for me right now. Hope to see you on the road sometime!

Sent from my BLU STUDIO SELFIE 2 using Tapatalk
DeeGee
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hi from Central NY!

Postby pchast » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:58 pm

Welcome Dee! :D
pchast
Platinum Donating Member

Postby QueticoBill » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:58 pm

Welcome! Sounds like a good plan. I grew up in finger lakes. Great area. Never know what central NY is.
QB
A tear with no name: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67624
QueticoBill
Silver Donating Member

Postby DeeGee » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:41 pm

QueticoBill wrote:Welcome! Sounds like a good plan. I grew up in finger lakes. Great area. Never know what central NY is.
Thanks for the warm welcome! I consider Central NY the Syracuse/Rome/Utica area. I grew up near Oneida Lake, or the "thumb" of the Finger Lakes. :-) I haven't been too often to the Finger Lakes proper, but yes, lovely country down there. I've lived here my whole life, it's time to get out and see the rest of the country!

Sent from my BLU STUDIO SELFIE 2 using Tapatalk
DeeGee
Teardrop Inspector

Postby QueticoBill » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:59 pm

I agree - Syracuse is central NYS. Went to and staff at Scout camp in Constantia. Always liked the Albany to Syracuse area - the Cherry Valley Turnpike. Hoping to find the time to trip on the Erie Canal which would take me across Oneida. Good luck and god speed on your teardrop work. You found a great resource here at TNTTT.
QB
A tear with no name: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67624
QueticoBill
Silver Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves