Back again!

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Back again!

Postby Thelgord » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:55 pm

Ok, it’s been about a year since I last posted on here. To give everyone an update , of sorts, I sold my trailer. For those that recall I had atempted to sort out a trailer that used one of those cogobox truck beds mounted on it. That didn’t work out, so I pulled the box/bed thing off to get down to the frame. After countless hours of labor, and even installing a new leaf pack, the trailer just wasn’t going to be what I needed.

The frame ended up being very odd sized at 8’ 4 1/4” x 4’ 8 3/8” wide. It also had a lot of other issues not to mention being heavy as all get out, so I sold it with new suspension and a clean, but odd frame.

I have been busy over the last year, selling my truck and getting an Isuzu Vehicross (that is currently undergoing some engine work at a shop), and I am about to start building my own trailer from scratch. If you want it done right and all that.

Not sure yet if I am going to build a TD or just make it a tiny camping trailer. Keep an eye out for a build thread ;)
Thelgord
Teardrop Master

Re: Back again!

Postby Vedette » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:05 am

Wise choice to start with a blank canvas.
A custom TD frame is easy to build and a Dexter rubber ride axle to "Your" specs is very inexpensive directly from Dexter.
Teardrop camping is much different from all other methods of camping, in that you will meet a whole new world of people. :thumbsup:
It is a hard concept to explain, but it will surprise you! :thinking:
Good Luck with your build, and we hope to meet you down the roads somewhere!
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves