Newbie in Wisconsin

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Newbie in Wisconsin

Postby rtylla » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:05 pm

Hi all,

It was a wonderful day today topping out at 60 degrees next to the lake in Sheboygan.

We purchased our TD last November from Retroride Teardrops in Plover, Wisconsin, great people to deal with. It was immediately put in storage at my brothers farm to protect it from the elements. It is a 5 x 8 with just the basics and it should suit our needs just fine. We plan on pulling it to Alaska in June. We will take a couple of "shake-down" cruises in nearby parks to get used to it before hand. The Camper weighs out at 900 pounds so my Ram will not have any problems pulling the thing.

We are getting anxious to get it in the yard and put our finishing touches on it. I am going to add a 150 watt solar panel to it. Solar is great, I put in the system we have at our cabin up north and we power all the lights and the well pump and even have enough power left over to watch a little tv if the bugs are too bad.

Thanks for letting us join the group, I hope we are able to contribute to it in a positive way.

Rick

]
Rick and Ginny
Sheboygan, WI
rtylla
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Newbie in Wisconsin

Postby breb » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:51 am

Welcome to group. I live in Muskego, Wi. and I have a daughter that lives in the wonderful town of Sheboygan . I went on the Retroride site and checked out there offerings, they look well built. I am in the build process and i hope to have mine finished toward the end of this summer. I have hit the age of retierment and have another year and a half to wait for my wife to retire so that we can use our teardrop to head out west which is our favorite place to explore. Alaska is in the future but will have to do the shake down runs out west before its ready for that trip. Have fun with your new TD and report back on your shake down runs. Would like to here your opinion on retroride as you get to know it better.151341151225
breb
Teardrop Master

Postby rtylla » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:56 pm

Thanks for the shout out, we enjoy Sheboygan. It looks like your build is coming along nicely. We debated building or buying and with the other things we have going on it just didn't fit. My 65 Corvair convertible keeps me busy enough. Retroride was very good to do business with, a real nice couple of guys. Alaska will be quite an adventure for me but with my fiancee's son lives in Anchorage and my sister in law is a Inuit native and they have given us plenty of places to explore. As it looks now we plan on taking 8 days to get here when we leave. Good luck on completing you build I hope you don't run into any surprises.

Rick
Rick and Ginny
Sheboygan, WI
rtylla
Teardrop Inspector

Postby pigcooker » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:02 pm

Welcome to the group, :applause: check out this link to an upcoming
gathering in Sheboygan.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69602

Maybe we"ll see ya there, at least stop by and meet us. :shake hands:

Doug aka Pigcooker :beer:
pigcooker
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby Woodbutcher » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:27 pm

Welcome Rick! Enjoy the new teardrop, they are a great way to travel. :applause:
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby rtylla » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:27 am

pigcooker wrote:Welcome to the group, :applause: check out this link to an upcoming
gathering in Sheboygan.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69602

Maybe we"ll see ya there, at least stop by and meet us. :shake hands:

Doug aka Pigcooker :beer:

It looks interesting we might have to swing by and meet some of the members.
Rick and Ginny
Sheboygan, WI
rtylla
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves