Grand Rapids Michigan Newbie

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Grand Rapids Michigan Newbie

Postby eodmike » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:16 am

I'm 32. Divorced. Have custody of my 2 kids and love life. My babies are 5 and 3. I do have a gf with a 3 year old as well. We are planning for her and I to go on a nice trip this September and I'm hoping to design and build a teardrop before then.

The maiden voyage will be just her and I. However in the future I plan on finding a way to fasten a tent to the teardrop for the kiddos.

I'm a controls engineer (programming, electrical, hydraulic, pnuematic, and combostion). I build assembly equipment for other companies. Its a decent gig.

I'm thinking a nice flat bed and a kitchen I'm not packing/unpacking all the time would be nice. I do rustic camping a fair amount to but that not what the teardrop is going to be used for. The rustic camping is stuff like the Boundary Waters Canoe Area. Backpacking and canoeing and I just can't tow a trailer doing that. LOL.

I have a pretty out there sense of humor. Acess to some cool tools but not by nature the most handy of people. I tinker and do great with wiring and some small hobbies just don't get into assembly all that often.
eodmike
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Grand Rapids Michigan Newbie

Postby bc toys » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:48 am

they have a tent for the top that opens up and has a big room that attaches to the tear drop I have seen it but not sure what company makes it
maybe some of the guy/gals on her can chime in and some may even have pics of them
we was camping last month and a lady next to us had one one her TD
well good luck with your build but if you want to be done by then you better get to making saw dust
bc toys
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Padilen » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:10 pm

Opposed to a cargo trailer conversion with a tent off the rear?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Padilen
Donating Member

Postby eodmike » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:56 pm

I'd be afraid with my weight limits that a cargo conversion would hit my max weight without having anything in it.

I also don't think they look as good.
eodmike
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves