1947 Kit Teardrop Camper

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

1947 Kit Teardrop Camper

Postby tmbraun » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:01 am

Hello everyone. I am new to this board. We just found a 1947 Kit Teardrop Camper..original. It is in pretty darn good shape. And, we just bought a 32 ford open wheel roadster hot rod, which would be really cool pulling that camper! The back hatch of the camper will need to be rebuilt (the door) and the lid to the cooler is missing, but it still even has the original mattress which is in decent condition...to illustrate it's condition. It is listed at 1500. That seems reasonable, but due to lack of information about them on the internet due to rarety, I am unsure. It will need new wheels, fenders are missing, and a little bit of rewiring of course. I wonder if anyone out there has any more information about that camper, it's value, and where a person might find the lid to the cooler or fenders? Also, I would LOVE to see pictures of a refurbished original if anyone out there has some! Thank you.
tmbraun
Teardrop Inspector

Re: 1947 Kit Teardrop Camper

Postby willrothfuss » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:01 am

I'd love to see some photos of the one you found. Interested in studying all the original trailer designs.
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Ralph Waldo Emerson
willrothfuss
Teardrop Builder

Re: 1947 Kit Teardrop Camper

Postby tony.latham » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:13 am

George can help you over here: http://teardropparts.com/index.html

He's a good guy. :thumbsup:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves