Gooseneck Horse trailer Conversion Re-hash

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Gooseneck Horse trailer Conversion Re-hash

Postby IronPercheron » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:14 am

Hey Folks,

This is my first attempt... Ready to gut it totally... cutting the wall out too... and building a camper/hauler. I currently haul one Grizzly 700 but I will at some point have to haul another toy (2 quads being the most ever).

The ideas come and go... this floor plan is killing me. So I am here for help with it before my neighbor (retired cabinet maker) and I start in on this beast.

Trailer tasks:

1. Sleep my wife and me in the overbed area plus two more somewhere else.
2. Haul potential of 2 quads at most...
3. Have a shower/commode
4. Have stove/oven/sink

That's what I need to pack into here! Lordy, it will be something to do... But the trailer has been paid for years ago. Not trying to go buy another.

Heere is what i have now: pix.sfly.com/ZP6o1iyU

Hoping to use alot of Cedar
IronPercheron
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Gooseneck Horse trailer Conversion Re-hash

Postby lee senn » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:14 pm

Iron First things first . In order to help with floor plan the first thing needed would be the size of your trailer ? From the details you have provided you do have quite a challenge. Two quads, shower, toilet and then sleeping space for several is tough to plan for so let's just start with trailer size. Lee
lee senn
Donating Member

Re: Gooseneck Horse trailer Conversion Re-hash

Postby lee senn » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:38 pm

Iron Another thought came to mind. Visit a local RV dealer who sells toy haulers and see how they deal with the same issues you are attempting to address. Lee
lee senn
Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves