New member, Ontario Canada

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

New member, Ontario Canada

Postby Zomby Woof » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:12 pm

Hi tnttt people!

I've been a lurker here in the past. A few years back I had the idea to build something but wasn't able to convince Mrs. Woof that it was a good idea. We're former long term hardtop owners but got tired of the setup and tear down so we sold that with the idea of buying a small travel trailer. We like the R-pod, though they're way more trailer than we need, they've become too pricey for our liking and because we camp in the north, 8-12hrs drive, the thought of towing something that big behind my Colorado just does not appeal to me. So here we are. Mrs. Woof is onside this time so we're going to start small with the idea being a bare bones ultralight 4 X 8 build. If we (she) likes it we'll expand on that to maybe 5 X 8 or 10.

I'm in the planning stages at this point with no time to actually build for at least a few months, but any comments and direction are welcome. Thanks for having us! :cheerswine:
Zomby Woof
Teardrop Builder

Re: New member, Ontario Canada

Postby lee senn » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:09 pm

Welcome Woofs ! Sure you will enjoy your build and the resultant campouts. Please keep us posted with pictures. Lee and Norma
lee senn
Donating Member

Postby jondbar628 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:04 pm

Zomby.....Just go ahead and make it 5 wide, unless you really want to build more than one. 4 wide great for a single, but for an adult couple, you'll want 5. The veterans here will confirm........jd
jondbar628
Teardrop Master

Postby Zomby Woof » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:30 pm

Thanks for the advice.
I don't really need to confirm that, I already know that 5' is what we'll want. My plan is to learn my lessons on a simple 4' build, see how it goes over, see if we like it, then build exactly what we want. My wood working skills are not great, but I can build anything with steel. In fact I will probably even build my own axle and mounts and may go with a wood frame.

We've already determined that we don't want a galley. We're simple, basic campers that are just looking for something a little more comfy, drier in the rain and maybe a little more suitable for cool weather than a tent. We do like to camp up north where it can get into freezing temps overnight even in August - and have done it in a tent :frightened:

So I'm reading everything I can here and writing down what I think are all the best ideas and incorporating that into our plan. Lot's of highly skilled people on here with great ideas!
Zomby Woof
Teardrop Builder

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves