Stopping by to say "Howdy!" from Texas

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Stopping by to say "Howdy!" from Texas

Postby Rhinoman64 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:38 pm

After untold hours of reading and re-reading the posts in this incredibly helpful forum, I figured it was time to join the conversation.

I'm an avid outdoor/landscape photographer. I primarily used a typical 4 person dome tent for most of my travels and decided I needed a tent tall enough to stand up in so upgraded to a larger model. And now here I am about to embark on building a teardrop with about the same peak height as my original tent! :NC

Actually, I've already started. I bought a frame from an old pop-up and am building a 5x10 semi-offroad "squaredrop". So far I've stripped, primered and repainted the trailer and just this last weekend created my first sawdust when I laid out the floor framing and underfloor storage box. And today altered my plan a bit (At least I think; still puzzling it out.) My goal is to have it camp ready - if not completed - by the fall foliage season.

My wife is being supportive, though she does ask a very intelligent question: "Why do you always start these projects in the heat of the Texas summer?" To which I have no intelligent answer.

I thank you now for all of the help you have been (doubt I would have undertaken the project without this forum) and in advance of the advice you'll give this newbie builder.

Looking forward to conversation,

Bryan
Rhinoman64
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Stopping by to say "Howdy!" from Texas

Postby KennethW » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:07 pm

The same reason I started mine in the middle of winter in Minnesota. Ha Ha

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
KennethW
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: Stopping by to say "Howdy!" from Texas

Postby lee senn » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:46 pm

Bryan Welcome and good luck with your build ! Look forward to seeing pics as you progress. Lee and Norma
lee senn
Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves