Newbie Intro (NW Missouri)

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Newbie Intro (NW Missouri)

Postby FlyOverCountry » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:48 pm

Long time camper, tent camping only. Wife and I are getting older and sleeping on the ground has began to lose its luster, or I should say getting up in the morning from a night on the ground has lost its luster!

Been eyeing these small campers at campgrounds for years. Trying to decide if we should jump in. (Which is like asking “should I dance” at a polka fest) I know you guys won’t lead me astray.

Anyways, been lurking for months, reading, gleaning, and enjoying the site. Thought I should probably sign up and at least thank you all for your posts, I’ve enjoyed them!

-Sam
FlyOverCountry
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Newbie Intro (NW Missouri)

Postby G2tP » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:22 pm

FlyOverCountry wrote:Long time camper, tent camping only. Wife and I are getting older and sleeping on the ground has began to lose its luster, or I should say getting up in the morning from a night on the ground has lost its luster!

Been eyeing these small campers at campgrounds for years. Trying to decide if we should jump in. (Which is like asking “should I dance” at a polka fest) I know you guys won’t lead me astray.

Anyways, been lurking for months, reading, gleaning, and enjoying the site. Thought I should probably sign up and at least thank you all for your posts, I’ve enjoyed them!

-Sam
Hi Sam! Similar situation with me. Located in Los Angeles. Just got my first teardrop about a year ago. There is a ton of information and really great folk here. Looking forward to spending more time in my TD so I can get rid of my newbie title ;)

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
G2tP
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Newbie Intro (NW Missouri)

Postby breb » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:51 pm

I can safely say that the wife and I were over the tent camping thing along time ago. I had a dislike for waking up in the morning and my back was aching from uneven ground. Then came an experience we all go through with the tent while on an annual fishing trip , a gully washer that comes in the wee hours of the morning. Trying to holdup the tent top till its sagging and there is a total cave in.That about ended my tenting days. Like many that come across this site the more I researched the more I became interested in the teardrop and building and customizing a TD to my likes. lots of info here and I have used it routinely while building , which I'm still doing. If you decided to take the plunge , good luck and enjoy the process.
Welcome to the Group
breb
Teardrop Master

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves