New Guy from Upper Skagit in Washington

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

New Guy from Upper Skagit in Washington

Postby Hamilton Felix » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:59 pm

Hello!

I'm new here. I'm in the "learning" stage. Hoping to retire soon, my wife and I have been talking about doing a little road tripping. Like a friend at work, our plan is to get a little teardrop that can be towed by a small car, then make a few trips. Later, we might tow it into the hills a bit, using our lifted Grand Cherokee.

So here I am, all set to swap ideas, maybe bounce a few of mine off of folks with more experience.

If you're passing by the upper Skagit River in western Washington, on that scenic North Cascades Highway known as SR20, give me a holler. You're always welcome.

Lane
Life is too short not to be happy.
Hamilton Felix
Teardrop Advisor

Re: New Guy from Upper Skagit in Washington

Postby Vedette » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:57 pm

Welcome Lane
We were where you are 7 years ago!
And what a wonderful time we have had over those past 7 years.
Started building Miss Piggy in the Fall of 2011 with expectations of going out to
explore the county the following camping season on our own in our new Teardrop Trailer.
Unfortunately we did not get finished in time for the 2012 camping season and had to spend
one more summer in a tent! :oops: But, we were watching for Teardrop trailers in our travels
that year, and did manage to finally find some in Michigan. That is where we met our first
Tear Jerkers. They were on a 10 day "Crawl Across the UP.......what wonderful people! :thumbsup:
That prompted us to come home finish our trailer, start a TJ Chapter in B.C. (which also led to me
becoming the Director for the PNW Tear Jerkers) and the rest is history!
We learned that Teardrop camping is not about having an inexpensive, dry, safe, comfortable, easy,
way to travel around the country; but a lifestyle with an entire new family of new friends! :wine:
We have logged over 70,000 miles with our beloved "Miss Piggy" and slept in her 312 nights over the past
6 camping seasons. We also have over 230 new friends in and around the Pacific Northwest, that we have
enjoyed meeting and camping with.
Hope you can join us soon!
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
:beer:
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member