Greetings from Suffolk, England.

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Greetings from Suffolk, England.

Postby MikeG2 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:15 am

Hi.

I am an architect and serious woodworker from Suffolk, England, and I seem to have developed a recent obsession, sorry, I mean interest, in Teardrop campers. I spent some time as a professional high-end furniture maker many years ago, and my main hobby is still building stuff out of wood. If I'm not restoring our 300 year old oak-framed cottage you'll find me in the workshop making something from timber, so my interest in Teardrops is certainly directed towards "woodies". I'm supposed to be doing the working drawings for a client's new house at the moment, but for some reason my screen is covered with sections through the junction between the galley lid and walls in a strip-clad Teardrop!

I have a 4 wheel drive vehicle in Africa (currently in Zambia), which I kitted out with a homemade rooftent, and everything I need for living in the bush for weeks on end, including a galley kitchen not unlike some of the Teardrops I've been reading about. I also hold a patent for a new type of rooftent, so my interest in Teardrops hasn't sprung out of nowhere.

You probably won't hear an awful lot from me for a while as I finalise my design, but I'll continue scouring the posts here for ideas. I hope to start work on my first Teardrop in about February or March, and in the meantime, I'll be trying save a few pounds here and a few pounds there from the design.

Thanks for having me.

Mike
MikeG2
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Greetings from Suffolk, England.

Postby edgeau » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:48 am

Welcome. Sounds like you have all the tools you will need. Our teardrops are a bit easier than furniture to build. There is plenty here to inspire but making your design unique is a lot of the fun.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
edgeau
500 Club

Re: Greetings from Suffolk, England.

Postby MikeG2 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:58 am

Thanks. Yeah, I've got the tools, and the imagination. Now all I need to do is find the time...........
MikeG2
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves