Hi from Dallas from noob

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hi from Dallas from noob

Postby Hopeful Wanderer » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:34 pm

Hello !

I have been lurking here for months, but now poking my head into the forum.

I'm not sure if this forum is for people who haven't started yet on a build. If it isn't, mods can delete me.

I had previously decided on getting a cargo trailer to convert, but now I'm thinking a shuttle bus might be better for me. I like having everything in one piece- my home and my vehicle.

I'm actually going to look at a shuttle bus tomorrow. It's a 1997 and he says it has 120k miles. That seems low for the age. I told him I would need to also have my mechanic look at it. Price is $2500.

Anyway, if you say I am in the wrong place I will go away. No harm no foul..
Hopeful Wanderer
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hi from Dallas from noob

Postby troubleScottie » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:05 am

Welcome.

All are welcome. No right or wrong designs or builds.

Most like to see pictures of your progress. Almost everyone will throw in their 2 cents if you have a design decision. Someone has done or is about to do anything you are working on.
Michael Krolewski
Scottish Terrier Fancier
troubleScottie
Donating Member

Re: Hi from Dallas from noob

Postby okmacrae » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:12 am

I like the way you think, and I’m also interested in watching your build, if/when it gets to that. I’ve been involved in the past with an attempted Bluebird schoolbus conversion (engine and transmission repairs made it uneconomical) and an Izusu 12-foot box truck conversion (worked very well, owner uses it for tailgating at NASCAR races and for vacation trips with his S.O., too). I might even be able to assist with mechanical problems (I’ve been working on motorcycles and power lawn equipment as a hobby since my retirement in 2005) and electrical ones (I’m a retired electronic technician and still have some useful troubleshooting tools), so keep me in mind if you think I can help. I’m probably close enough to drive over and have a look-see at your problem (if that expression doesn’t give you an idea of my age, I’m well into my 70’s).
The only days I consider “wasted” are the ones during which I fail to receive knowledge, impart knowledge, or perform an act of kindness.
okmacrae
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves