newby here

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

newby here

Postby Snaproll » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:35 pm

New to this, I am intrigued by the idea of a teardrop trailer but my wife won't camp. well fast forward to my needs I have an old really ratty pop-up camper I am in the process of stripping down to the floor.

My plan is to rebuild it into a square back that I can haul my R/C planes in and perhaps have sleeping area for me. the base is approx 6X10.

Not real happy that the wheels are up thru the floor (but covered).

Well I'm still looking at what you all have done and planning my build.
Snaproll
Teardrop Inspector

Re: newby here

Postby Nodrog » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:31 am

Welcome Snaproll!! This diverse group includes some who are rc folks, lots and lots who have built on old tent trailer frames, people who have built simple trailers, people who have built complex trailers!! It's a mind boggling mix of people building trailers...and hopefully you will be building soon! Best of luck to ya!! Nodrog
Nodrog
Teardrop Master

Postby Bill n Robi » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:03 am

Welcome!
When your wife sees that camping is a lot of fun when you're not sleeping on the ground in a thin walled tent, her attitude will change.
2015 T@G Max
2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4 Door Short Bed
Bill n Robi
The 300 Club

Postby Xanthoman » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:19 am

It may prove useful to make a large flat platform covering the whole of the trailer base at the height of the wheel wells and make under hatch storage or such. It may give you more options in arranging your other parts and furnishings. If you’re in to RC then you likely work with foam already. Possibly look into a foamie of sorts for simplicity and lightness. Have fun on your build!
Xanthoman
Teardrop Advisor

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves